Chapter 47: Carmelita Explains PTSD to Lucky and Ashla...

Lucky: "What is PTSD, Carmelita?"

Carmelita: "Uh... it used to be called 'Shellshock' before my time, and WAAAY after yours. Apparently if something is so scary or causes you too much fear because of something that happened in the past your mind goes into overdrive and well... it affects your ability to function in life."

Royce: "Just like me witnessing my stepdad harm my mother to such a degree that I couldn't bear to watch it go on any further, and every single day it affects my life as being a father, due to the fact that I'm scared of turning into him."

Ashla: What is PTSD?" Ashla also asked in succession just as Lucky did, this resulted in Royce getting close to his wife before whispering the awful things and behavior associated with PTSD, "OH MY!! And you went through that? Awe, poor baby." Resulting in Carmelita and Lucky becoming confused. "I know you won't do that to anyone around here, especially Ashloy and I. You're not the type of person that would harm someone, unless someone threatens this family. Right, Ms.Fox? Lucky?"

Carmelita: "Right!"

Lucky: "I don't know." Lucky said with doubt in her voice and mind, "this family is starting to get weird for my liking," she began getting really weirded out, "is this normal behavior around here?" Lucky asked her modern-day descendant.

Carmelita: "Pretty much," Carmelita said to her Ancient Arabian ancestor, "one moment you are fighting criminals, then the next thing you know you have someone trying to kill your child. So... yeah, things are NEVER normal around here."

Ashla: "Define 'Normal'... nothing that happens around here, is normal."

Then someone from outside comes in and opens the door to the house, only for the family to find out Calypso was keeping them held at gun point.