Chapter 45: Family Matters, and so Does Carmelita's Ancestors... part 2

After Arriving At the Orphanage...

Royce: "So this is the Orphanage, huh Ashla?"

Ashla: "Yes Sweetheart. Now what species did you say you wanted for Ashloy?"

Royce: "A Fox or a Vixen."

Ashla: "Of all things, why a Fox or a Vixen?"

Royce: "I was wondering: what are the chances that one of Inspector Fox's ancestors would be an orphan?"

Ashla: "Fat chance!"

Royce: "So I'm guessing that means that there isn't a chance that he or she will be an orphan?"

Ashla: "Don't tempt fate, or another's destiny sweetheart. What do you know about Ancient Arabia from the Sly Cooper game in this time?"

Royce: "It's mainly about helping out your brother Salim, and correcting the damage done by Cyril Le Paradox and Ms.Decibel. Other than that, I know nothing about this place, that, and what we went through together as a family. That's about it."

Ashla: "So you really have no absolute clue on what goes on here AFTER you, or rather Sly beats Ms.Decibel?"

Royce: "Nope!"

Ashla: "You don't know what Orphanage Life is like or anything like that?"

Royce: "No Ashla, I don't. My father left me when I was 10 but my mother was always there for me. Especially in those times I really needed her, she was always there for me," as Royce began explaining to his wife, Ashla saw a tear drop trail from his left eye, "I promised myself growing up that I would NEVER leave any of my children for any reason like my father did; rather it be from you harassing me," Ashla gave Royce an annoyed look at the statement, "god forbid that we will EVER break-up, selfishness, or well, you get the idea, right?"

Ashla: "I'm not even going to go there..."

Royce: "Let's go inside," Royce tells his wife as her paw shakes nervously, "don't worry, we got this," he then looks at Ashla with a smile, "we're already experienced parents."