Childe | Hair Brushing

The only sounds filling the living room are soft humming and hair brushing. Naturally, because the atmosphere is so peaceful, you find yourself nodding off to sleep. Hair brushing sounds are your favorite, and while you're capable of brushing your own hair, Childe insists on doing it for you for today.

He suddenly stops humming and chuckles. "Look at you nodding off already. Cute."

You jolt awake, rubbing your weary eyes with the back of your hand. "Sorry... it feels really relaxing. I think you might be the second best at hair combing."

"'Second best'? Who else would be better than me?"

"Zhongli. Every time he combs my hair, I fall asleep within seconds."

"Huh... I should be the first on your list, you know..."

"Is that so..." you mumble, not fully focusing on his words as you're starting to doze off yet again. You can't help it; the sounds are lulling you to sleep.

Just as you're about to drift off to dreamland, the ginger-haired male wraps his arms around your waist and nuzzles his face into your hair.

"Heey... don't fall asleep on me. You said you would do some training with me today; don't say you forgot already!" His whines are muffled by your hair as his grip tightens a little.

It's no surprise that you're unable to get even a short nap in with Childe around. He's essentially an adult version of your younger sibling, someone who's constantly whining like a child and being clingy. Whenever someone asks how to describe Childe, you say with ease, "A pesky kid," which evokes many brows to be raised in—you're sure—concern and amusement.

"Okay, okay... I got it..." You give him reassurance by patting his hands several times, as to which he takes a hold of, refusing to let your hands go.

"Let's stay like this for a little longer," he whispers, nuzzling his warm face against your neck. Although you have tasks you need to get done, your lethargic state don't have the energy to argue back. Instead, you allow yourself to bask in his refreshing scent and immense warmth.

-♡-

First one-shot with one of my favorite characters!!