Bennett | Ghostly Luck

An arrow lands directly at the boar, causing it to let out a final, dying sound before falling over on its side. "Got it!" you exclaim, jumping up from your huddled position near a bush.

Bennett gives a thumbs up and a grin. "Nice job! I should've let you get the other boar, huh. He really got me good..."

You lower your gaze to his bandaged arms and legs. Earlier, your friend was attempting to take down a boar with a bow and arrow, hoping to get dinner started for tonight.

Instead of fresh meat, he is left with some bruises, blood, and bandages.

"Well, that's okay, Bennett. I'll deal with this bow and arrow job from now on," you reassure and point to the drenched map in his hands. "You've been doing a great job at directions so far, so keep it up!"

One thing you've learned from being a member of Benny's Adventure Team is that the leader appreciates plenty of encouragement.

As someone who constantly has bad luck stuck to him like super glue, he encounters a lot of unlucky events such as (somehow) tripping over a pebble and tumbling down a hill, or suddenly getting struck by lightning.

"I'm really sorry again, (Y/N). A lot of things have happened to us because of my unluckiness, but don't you worry. We're almost there!"

You wave your hand and smile. "Seriously, stop apologizing; it's okay. Let's keep up the good progress!"

"Mhm! Let's continue onward, Benny's Adventure Team!" He jumps up and raises a fist in the air.

Your foot gets pulled by something yet again as you pull your leg out from the bush, glaring at it suspiciously. Is there a ghost lurking around this place?

Katheryne did warn you two about the ghost stories surrounding Wuwang Hill. Now that you're here, you understand what she means. The constant dark sky creates a mysterious atmosphere, and every once in a while, you'll experience some kind of strange event.

Like right now, feeling your leg get pulled by an invisible force. Again.

"Aw man! Even my bad luck is taking its chance here," Bennett complains, sighing as he brushes off twigs and leaves from his hair.

"I don't think it's completely your bad luck. Remember what Katheryne said?" you remind gently.

"Yeah, but... do you really think ghosts exist?" he whispers, flickering his bright green gaze to the looming, shadowy trees.

You watch as he shakes his legs and moves them around repeatedly, leaning down to massage them. It appears Bennett's legs are getting sore from all the walking, and it doesn't help that he is injured due to the boar's intense force.

Turning your back to him, you crouch down. "Here, I'll carry you."

"Huh?"

"Hop on."

"Oh, thanks, but I'm gonna be alright! I don't want to break your back anyway, and—"

"Bennett."

"Okay, okay. I can feel your glare burning into me. Just... tell me when you're tired, alright?"

For the next few minutes, Bennett is on your back as you're giving him a piggyback ride. It took some time, but he eventually managed to wrap his arms around your neck (not before apologizing profusely, of course).

The steady walk is met in a comfortable silence with him calling out where to turn every once in a while.

At one point, you feel his face nuzzling against the side of your neck. His warm breath fans your skin as his arms hold onto you tightly. You smile and hold onto his legs just a bit tighter, making sure he's secured.

It seems even the ghost and Bennett's bad luck doesn't want to ruin such a sweet moment.

At least... not yet.

-♡-

And then a large rock bonks Bennett on the head, waking him up, as a tornado appears and drops you both into the ocean.