Diluc | Particular Black Coat

"So... cold..."

Even with your arms wrapped around yourself, sitting in front of the fire, you still can't get rid of this coldness. You blow warm air a few times into your hands.

You've always been known as the person who can never get warm unless they were dressed in one too many layers of clothing, so much so that you end up looking like a chunky snowball that's ready to topple over at any second.

The warmth isn't achieved until you're also nestled in a bunch of heavy, cozy blankets, in front of a crackling fire.

"Ugh... I shouldn't have accepted Kaeya's challenge..." You sniff, recalling back to when the male suggested an exciting challenge to try out.

Although you're able to get the warmth you desire through the means of having a ton of layers on you along with some fire, it's... uncomfortable.

But what can you do? Kaeya notices your discomfort every time, and upon hearing about your daily commission that's set in Dragonspine, he challenged you to only wear five layers of clothing in hopes of you getting used to having less layers.

That's a drastic difference compared to the usual twenty that you wear whenever you set foot into Dragonspine.

Now here you are, trying your best to warm yourself up in front of the fire with your five layers of clothes and hot breaths.

You blow some more air in your hands and mumble a, "The fifteen extra layers would be nice right about now..."

Out of nowhere, the sounds of blazing fire, followed by dying hilichurls, startles you. You turn to the direction of the noise, unable to see anything (or anyone) in sight.

With a sword in hand, your gaze sweeps the snowy area, carefully watching for any signs of movement. The bell that's attached to your weapon jingles.

"You never fail to impress me with your perseverance," a voice from behind comments nonchalantly.

You don't need to turn around to know who it is; his soothing voice is all too familiar.

"Diluc?!" Your eyes widen briefly upon seeing some clothes and blankets in his arms. You beam.

"Oh, thank Barbatos...! I'm saved from this awful coldness!" you exclaim.

The blank expression on his face remains unwavering as he walks over to your huddled state, staring at you wordlessly for a moment before sitting down on the cleared out ground beside you.

He brushes away some nearby snow and faces you shortly after, extending his arms full of warm items. "Please don't consider taking on any other future challenges as ridiculous-sounding as the one he came up with."

"I know, I know. Kaeya meant well, though," you say, putting on the clothes, "it seriously is uncomfortable with so many layers, so I figured I might as well take on the challenge and see if I can do it."

Diluc snorts. "Perhaps starting with more layers would have been more appropriate."

"Yeeah... no more dumb challenges from me, don't you worry!"

After some time, Diluc flickers his red eyes to you. He asks, "Are you able to move at the moment?"

You move your body a bit to check, shaking your head. "Sorry... I'm still too stiff and cold to move."

"I suppose I didn't bring enough clothes; sorry about the mistake. I misjudged the amount of layers you needed."

"Oh, no! Seriously, it's okay. This is still better than before."

You say that, but truthfully, you're still freezing. Your reply wasn't a complete lie as the added five layers and five heavy blankets are helping, albeit a bit.

"Here..." he murmurs, shrugging off his black coat to reveal his figure in a short-sleeved shirt.

You can't help but part your lips slightly in surprise. You've never seen the red-haired male without his coat off before—let alone his hair tied up in a ponytail.

Wait a minute. Since when did he tie his hair up?

Needless to say, he looks attractive. Too attractive. The shirt shows off his nice build well, and your attention keeps focusing on his upper arms...

Diluc clears his throat. You blink.

"Oh. Um... you look—I mean the coat, right! Thanks for the coat!" you manage to stumble out, awkwardly laughing.

"It's no problem. We can rest here for a while long—"

"Wait, you'll be cold!" You halt midway, one arm in his super warm coat, the other out in the unbearably freezing air.

"Do not worry about me. I'll be perfectly fine."

"Okay, but you have to tell me when you get cold, got it?!"

He continues to stare at you with the same expression present on his face, though you're sure his blank stare is even more intense, if that's even possible.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. 'How do they propose on keeping me warm when they desperately need my coat?'" you mimic his deep voice. "Well, my answer?"

He quietly waits for a response. Same blank expression.

"You can come in here, of course!" You point to the inside of his coat. "It's nice and really warm, but that's all thanks to your coat. I'll hold you close to me!"

Diluc snorts once more and goes back to looking at the flickering flames. He always looks elsewhere whenever you mention something about you and him being in an intimate situation.

Happiness washes over you as you finish putting your other arm into the warmth of the darkness.

You hug yourself tightly, focusing on the lingering scent of your crush that's now surrounding you. Under the heavy blankets, you begin to feel much warmer than before.

Who knew only ten layers of clothing, five heavy blankets, and a black coat is all you needed to feel immensely warm.

It's not just any black coat, though. It has to be one from a particular red-haired male, the one who's currently gazing at you in silence as the vibrant flames sway in his red eyes.

-♡-

HIGH PONYTAIL DILUC. HIGH PONYTAIL DILUC. HIGH PONYTAIL DILUC.