Gorou | Brightest Light

You shield your eyes from the beaming sun with your hands, glancing over at Gorou upon hearing him call your name. He looks very happy, bursting with so much joy that his fluffy tail is wagging behind him.

"Gorou! Done with your duties?" You move your hand away and pat at the empty space next to you.

"Mhm. Thank you for patiently waiting for me." He plops down on the grass and immediately rests his head on your shoulder, breathing a content sigh as he readjusts himself to be more comfortable and closer to you.

You trace the distant mountains with your finger and faintly smile, watching the way your bracelet twinkles in the warm rays.

Gorou mimics your movements, tracing the other half of the mountain range slowly, trying to match your pace. Just like yours, his matching bracelet is shining too.

Whenever you're able to meet up with your boyfriend, you two always enjoy each other's company under the warm sun in a comfortable and relaxing silence. Some words will be exchanged at the beginning, but after that, it'll be mostly quiet for the rest of the time. You know how important it is to rest after a long day of work, and for a hardworking general like Gorou, he's no different.

"Has anything or anyone been giving you trouble?" he murmurs out of the blue.

You reach over to run your fingers through his soft hair, humming in thought. You've been trying your best to conceal your emotions by maintaining a calm state, offering him warm smiles every once in a while, but it seems like he already figured you out somehow.

Should you be honest, or should you shrug it off and let him know you're perfectly fine?

A part of you wants to pour your feelings out—to let your boyfriend know what has been making you blue these past few days, but something's holding onto you tightly, telling you not to burden him. He would never see you as a burden, you know that, but why are you hesitating...?

Perhaps it's the way he's now sitting up, kneeled in front of you, staring at you with furrowed brows. His eyes show so much concern as his grip on your wrist is gentle yet firm, the latter a habit he does whenever he's in his protective mode.

Even as Gorou gently calls out your name, you still don't have the heart to let him know why your jumbled, muddled mind is so dark and terrifying—why your heart is gradually being consumed by the poisonous words that the blank faces constantly spew at you.

"(Y/N)."

A pair of warm hands are around your face, stroking your damp skin in a slow manner.

You blink away the fuzzy colors of light brown and blue, now able to clearly see the familiar face of your lover; he's smiling that warm, loving smile that you always love to see.

His expression softens as he whispers a simple and meaningful, "You don't have to hold it in anymore. I'm right here."

During that brief moment of darkness, you found yourself drifting alone. In that darkness, you forgot about the light in your life. He isn't in the distance, out of reach, nor is he nonexistent.

He's right here, in front of you, looking at you with so much care and adoration.

His ears perk up upon seeing your face light up. "(Y/N)...!"

"Gorou," you say softly, putting your hand atop his, "thank you."

-♡-

I want to use Gorou's tail as a pillow when I go to sleep...