42: Confusion

Kakashi immediately went to Hospital after the preliminaries. He nervously went to her old teammate's room. Its been a week after they retrieved her so suppose to be, her memories are already back.

"Ka-Kakashi?" Rin softly ask.

"Rin..." His eyes watered and immediately went to her to hug her tightly.

"Kakashi!" Rin exclaimed. Her eyes was full of guilt. Now that she remember, she cried and cried.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm always been a burden to all of you," Rin repeatedly said while crying.

"No! I suppose to be the one who need to say sorry. I didn't manage to save you. If... If I manage to save you that time, maybe, Obito is with us now. I'm sorry!" Kakashi's voice was cracking from the overwhelming emotion he felt. For the first time after so many years, he let himself to become emotional. Rin become confuse as she wipe her tears aways but it still useless as her tears still flowing like a river.

"Wh-What do you mean?" She softly whisper.

"Obito is possibly still alive like you," Kakashi whisper. Rin's world stop for a minute hearing the word of Kakashi as it was started to repeat to her mind.

--*--

Neji didn't know what happen after preliminaries. He felt too awkward from his teammates. Even the daily dose of Lee asking him for spar was not heard.

Gai only trains him but the adoration and respect was clearly not there like before. Tenten didn't even talk to him like usual. He felt as if everyone becom against to him as if he did the most cruel deeds ever.

He tried to talk to them but they avoided him like a plague. So he started to chase Lee to talk to him.

"Why? Why are you all avoiding me as if I have an incurable disease?" He demand Lee.

"Your asking me why? Really Neji? Just look at yourself. How did you become a monster like that?" Lee coldly ask him. He stared Neji's eyes with a good dose of hate which surprise Neji.

"Wh-What do you mean? I didn't do anything wrong!" He shouted. But contradicted to what he feels. Deep inside, he knows why they are cold to him but he clearly denying it.

"What about you did to Hinata-san? Does it ring the bell?" Gone the youthful mask. Clearly Neji is facing the most feared Torturer and Information Gathere of Elite ANBU Team 7, Shadow Of Konoha. Not the deadlast hyperactive ninja who worship Gai as if he was God, and always shouting about Youth.

"It was clear as the sky that it is her fa-fate to lose to me. She forfeit herself," Neji said. His voice betray him saying the sentence. He look away when Lee's eyes become much colder.

"And it is also clear as sky that you let your pride take over your stupid brain. She clearly forfeited after almost defeat you because you are clearly at disadvantage. But you activate the seal. Don't you think no one see you? Everyone saw it but now, your confronting me but saying you never did it?" Lee laugh demonically which scared Neji as Lee's bloodlust is seeping to the surrounding.

"Admit it, Hinata-san is more powerful than you. Can't you see it? She's clearly happy outside the Hyuga Clan. You are clearly jealous of her since in your eyes, she always get happiness while you need to work hard just to get it. Fate is nothing but a bullshit. And if your brain still don't process how stupid and idiot you are, sorry but I won't pretend to be nice on someone like you. Good day, Neji-san," Lee said and use a Fuinjutsu-base Shunshin.

Lee leave Neji who froze on where he stand from what he had heard to Lee.

--*--

"The Hokage is under investigation of this matter. But from what I get is he manage to survive the landslide of rock in Kannabi Bridge Mission and started to heal himself in a cave near there. Someone manipulate the situation as Obito see me, killing you," Kakashi said guiltly.

"Killing me? You did not kill me. I'm here clearly what do you mean?" Rin shouted hysterically.

"Rin, calm down. Just like what I told you, someone manipulate the situation. When you are abducted, I volunteer together with Genma's team to retrieve you in Kirigakure. We manage to save you but you said or rather the one who copy you that I should just kill you because you are a trap. Your doppelganger told me that the Kiri Ninja seal the Three Tailed Beast to you with a high risk seal where they will unleashed it after you arrive in Konoha," Kakashi observe Rin's emotion.

She's clearly confuse and somewhat angry too.

"I told you that Minato-sensei is a seal master and he can fix it. But your doppelganger is determined to be killed so when I dash the Chidori to the Kiri Nin, your doppelganger jump to the Technique. It happens that this scene is what Obito see after he was released to the cave. Rin, you are the most important person in Obito's life. Witnessing you being killed by me, it was overwhelming to Obito as he can't handle the pain and stress he just experience. This is the full report came from the trusted Shinobi of our Hokage himeself," Kakashi said. He gave the report to Rin and Rin read it slowly. She almost tear it out of anger but Kakashi manage to stop her.

"Who ever manipulate this situation. Its goal is to use Obito. We need to save him. Kakashi we need to save Obito," Rin said determinedly.

"We will. But now, you need to be fully healed first. Our Hokage had plan from this. And I happen to decide to talk to him regarding this," Kakashi said wiping his tears.

"Wh-What happen to Minato-Sensei? Was it true that he died in Kyuubi attack?" Kakashi hesitated a bit but nodded.

"But he left a legacy. A legacy that happens to be the reason why I still fight and wake up everyday after losing everyone of you," Kakashi said softly Rin's eyes widen but smile, she wipe her tears away.

"I would love to meet him, he softly said," Kakashi also smile. He felt free for the first time.

--*--

Next Chapter:Jiraya

Next Chapter:
Jiraya