twenty one

chapter forty three ~ the one with granddadHeather's POV

Heather's POV

The wedding was two weeks away and things were getting crazy, every so often Monica would freak out about a detail that she thought she had missed and the bridesmaids would be first on the scene to make sure that everything was perfect. We all knew that this wedding was going to be the biggest event of the year and no one would ever top this ceremony because Monica had organised it and she wanted everything to be perfect. I didn't mind her having the title of the biggest wedding, mine was small but it was perfect for me and Joey and that was all that mattered. We were surrounded by the people that meant the most to us and that was all that we wanted, we didn't want the over-the-top ceremony or the band playing in a large dance hall. As long as we had each other then that was the only thing that mattered. Currently I was sat in their apartment, on the couch next to Monica as Phoebe sat opposite us on the footstool and we were going over some of the last-minute things; like the responses to the invitations.

"Chandler, we still haven't gotten an RSVP from your dad." Monica called as my brother stepped into the room.

"Oh, right." He takes a seat on the armchair and shrugs. "Uh, maybe that's because I didn't send him an invitation."

"Chandler, he's your father. He should be at your wedding."

"I don't even know the man, okay?" He explained, hoping that he would get out of having to invite dad to his wedding. "We're not that close. I haven't seen him in years."

Rolling my eyes at my brother's excuse, I decided to clear my throat and step in. "He was at my wedding."

"Yeah, but we didn't talk to each other. He wouldn't even look at me."

Monica didn't seem happy with that excuse and folded her arms over her chest. "Well, what are you going to do when he finds out he wasn't asked?"

"He doesn't have to know. It's not like we run in the same circles. I hang out with you guys and he..." Chandler was embarrassed of our dad and hated to talk about him in front of the others. "He stars in a drag show in Vegas."

"Ooh, I think I want to trade circles." Phoebe said excitedly as I laughed along with her, knowing that there was one circle that was more interesting than the other.

"Look, trust me, you don't want him there either, okay? Nobody's going to be staring at the bride when the father of the groom is wearing a backless dress."

"So, what?" Monica didn't seem that bothered with the statement, she just wanted her father-in-law to attend the wedding. "As long as he's not wearing a white dress and a veil, I don't care."

"Okay, I think I need to do some shopping." Phoebe quickly stood up and left the room as she had obviously picked out a certain outfit that was not appropriate for the wedding.