two

chapter forty eight ~ the one with a baby daddyHeather's POV

Heather's POV

It was strange to think that I was not the only one pregnant anymore; we were all happy for Rachel but at the same time we were worried for her too. She still hadn't told all of our friends about her pregnancy, which meant that we were keeping a rather large secret from everyone and it was really hard to keep a secret from Joey. I had almost spilled the beans several times accidentally, forgetting that he had no idea what was going on and had to make up some non-suspicious lie as quickly as possible; the latest being that we had ran out of bacon. Luckily, he had been so worried about the lack of bacon that he hadn't even thought about why I was acting weird, but sooner or later Rachel would have to come clean about the father of the baby because there was no way I could keep up this lying for the next nine months. Plus, we were all dying to know who the father was and we each had our suspicions on who the guy could be; taking bets without her knowing.

Phoebe had almost bumped into me as I was coming out of my apartment, ready to visit Monica and she helped me with my bag as we stepped into the apartment. Monica was sitting on the couch, not even moving as we stepped inside because her eyes were trained on the piles of presents that they had been given on their wedding day. Among them was the present that Joey and I had bought them, and by that, I mean the present that I bought them and Joey signed his name to the label. He probably had no idea what was inside but that didn't matter because it would never come up in conversation and would never matter. We had gifted them an engraved cheese board as Monica hadn't shut up about how much she loved a cheese platter and I thought that it would be better than the mundane gifts that everyone else had bought them because she already had more than enough plates and glasses. A cheese board was something different and we were on a budget seeing as we had a baby on the way, so they should be happy with whatever they get.

"Are you going to open the presents without Chandler?" Phoebe asked as I closed the door behind me.

"No. It's just, you know, that...well, they're calling out to me!" She burst, almost jumping out of the seat as she held up a tiny box to show us. "I mean, this little guy even crawled up in my lap. Oh, come on, Chandler wouldn't mind if I open just one present." Turning on the couch so that she was facing us and holding up the tiny box, she looked crazed and it made me wonder if coming over was a bad idea. "What do you think it is?"

"A little mirror that when you look into it you see yourself as an old woman."

Monica practically ignores the suggestion as she rips the wrapping paper to shreds and pulls out the small present that was inside, holding it up aggressively once she had discarded the paper. "A tiny salt shaker!"

"Oh my God, for tiny salt!" Phoebe shouted back, just as excited over the tiny salt shaker but I was too tired to even react and just waddled across the room so that I could get to the seat. Sighing as I relaxed into the armchair and patted the arm so that Phoebe would come over to keep me company, and not get lost in the maze of presents all over the coffee table.