eight

chapter ninety eight ~ the one with evil swingsHeather's POV

Heather's POV

Things were moving along quite nicely with Monica and Chandler's adoption process and they were getting a visit from the adoption agency to check that their home was a good place to raise a baby. Not only was the agency worker going to check the surroundings to make sure that they were perfect conditions for a baby but they were also going to talk to Monica and Chandler, to see if they were right to be parents; which is a fine line to walk. We were all crossing our fingers that the inspection would go well and that the agency worker would deem them to meet their standards because there was no one more deserving of a baby than Monica and Chandler. But they had asked be directly to ensure that Joey was no where near the apartment when the inspection was happening; probably a good thing because as much as he tried to help, he usually made things worse and we didn't need to give them any bad luck or freak anyone out.

Luckily, before I came up with a stupid excuse to get Joey out of the building for a few hours, Ross was able to actually give us a reason to leave as he invited us to spend the day at the park with him and Rachel. They had never taken Emma to the park and wanted to enjoy the moment, so we agreed to come along so that Matteo got a few hours of fresh air and played around with something other than his dinosaur figurines. As much as they were great learning tools and kept him occupied for hours, he still needed to broaden his horizons and the park was the perfect place for that. It was also the perfect place to take Joey, in order to distract him from the inspection and we brought Mozzarella too because he needed a few hours of fun in the sun before we put him back in the small apartment. Thankfully, he was a very laid-back dog and didn't mind that he didn't have much space; his main hobby seemed to be keeping an eye on Matteo and would watch him for hours which is the most adorable thing in the world.

As excited as I was to spend a day in the park, I sensed that Rachel wasn't too happy about the trip and was freaking out as soon as we saw the playground in the distance. Apparently, she had some bad memories of the playground and was very nervous about Emma being in the same situation; Ross told us to keep her as calm as possible and ensure that nothing freaked her out about the outing but that was easy said than done. Once Matteo was free from the stroller, he made his way around the playground and seemed to analyse each of the different structures before deciding to try out the slides; making me wonder where he got this from because neither of us were like this. Maybe it was just a toddler thing that he would grow out of because I was just waiting for him to suddenly turn into a nightmare like the triplets and become wild. Maybe he was waiting until the baby was born to suddenly become a nightmare and make everything much harder than it needed to be; that definitely sounded like the Tribbiani gene.

Ross gently put Emma into the swing. "Here we go."

"Alright, okay, be careful. Be careful. Watch her hair." Rachel couldn't stop herself from freaking out as she hovered over her daughter. "Watch her hair!"