nineteen

chapter nineteen ~ the one with horoscopes Heather's POV

Heather's POV

Things were getting interesting now that I was married to an official actor, who was starring in his own television show and I was going to let everyone know about it. It wasn't the kind of thing that you keep secret and I was happy to talk about it when someone in work asked me how Joey was, they were thrilled with the story and it spread like wildfire. Instantly I became my own kind of celebrity in the company and I was very happy with myself. Of course, I didn't tell Joey this because then he would accuse me of stealing his thunder which I would never intend to do; even if it did feel nice to be known throughout the office as the woman with a famous husband. Central Perk still remained our favourite hang out place and was where we all met up to talk about our interesting lives, which sometimes didn't seem very interesting. Today, Rachel was reading us our horoscopes and even though Chandler had been opposed to it, he was now desperate to know what his said.

Rachel held the magazine so that no one else could see what she was reading, Monica and chandler were closest to her on the couch and Phoebe was on one of the stools but I was on the other side of the room, on the armchair so there was no way that I could read her article from here. "Okay, Chandler, your horoscope says: on the fifth, a special someone is going to give you a gift."

"Oh, well, thank you in advance." Chandler smiles, leaning down to kiss Monica sweetly and making the rest of us gag with how in-love they were these days.

Rachel was glad to ruin the moment with the next part of the horoscope. "But the twelfth brings a lovers' spat."

"You're going to make a joke about my special present." Monica realised, snapping at him. "Why would you do that?"

"Wait, on the nineteenth: a secret crush announces itself." Rachel announces and we all laugh as Phoebe pretends to make eyes at Chandler, winking at him and making him uncomfortable.

The horoscope session was cut short when Joey came into the Coffee House, I stood up so that he had somewhere to sit and then he pulled me onto his lap; nodding to the others. "Hey guys."

"Oh my God, it's Joey Tribbiani of Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E!" Rachel pointed and squealed, preparing him for what his new life would look like now that he was a famous actor.

"That's right, it's your first day." Chandler acknowledged, rubbing his hands together. "So, are you psyched to fight fake crime with your robot sidekick?"

"Am I psyched? The lead in my own TV series? I've dreamed about this for years!" His smile falters as he makes eye-contact with me, panicking about the whole thing. "Why have I not been preparing?"

Phoebe spoke from across the room as I took his hand in mine, rubbing his skin with my thumb kindly. "No, you're going to be great."

"But I have to act with a robot, Phoebe. And I don't know anything about technology. I can't even use Chandler's computer, except to find porn. And that's only because it's right there when you turn it on."