eleven

chapter seventy nine ~ the one with the grand opening Heather's POV

Heather's POV

When I found out that I was pregnant with Matteo it had been a massive surprise. Joey and I hadn't really been trying to have a baby and when we found out that we were expecting, it was a good shock to the system. At the time I didn't realise how lucky we were but now I understood that we were an unusual case when it came to pregnancy. Seeing how Chandler and Monica were struggling with getting pregnant, made me realise that we had gotten off easily with our first baby. Even Ross and Rachel managed to have a baby without really meaning to and were happier than ever before with their daughter. Now it had been months since we had started trying for a baby and nothing had happened, I had no symptoms and nothing felt any different which was why I hadn't taken a pregnancy test. A part of me knew deep down that nothing was happening and didn't want to disappoint myself further by taking a pregnancy test. But then I read in one of my Health magazines that sometimes women have no symptoms when it comes to pregnancy and maybe that was what was happening to me.

So, I headed to the pharmacy and picked up a pregnancy test, then headed into the studios where Joey works because there was no way that I was doing this alone. Last time, I had been completely on my own and only found out about my pregnancy because I fainted in work and had to go to hospital for a check-up. Things were chaotic at the moment because after weeks of carefully planning the opening of my company, it was happening tomorrow and everything had to be organised for a small celebration with my closest friends. The whole building had been redecorated in the way that I had wanted it, with new wooden floors and lighter colours painted on the walls. The desks were all set up with enough room between them so that the staff wouldn't feel as though they were working on top of each other. Everything was exactly the way that I had wanted it to be and even though I had gone slightly over the original budget for the place, it wasn't too much and it made the building feel like an environment everyone could work in. it was perfect.

"Hey, I didn't know you were visiting me today?" Joey said, surprised when he answered his dressing room door and found us stood on the other side. "Did Matteo miss his daddy?"

I handed Matteo over to his dad so that Joey could make a fuss of him and stepped into the dressing room, closing the door behind me and putting my purse on the coffee table; preparing myself for what we were about to do. I felt slightly bad that I hadn't talked to Joey about this beforehand but he never knew what I was thinking as I was constantly flickering back and forth between different things in my head. One minute I was worrying about the opening of my company and the next minute I was worried that we were having fertility issues. Then I felt bad about complaining because we already had a baby and I should be grateful that we were blessed with Matteo but I couldn't help to get upset about not having another baby. Joey wanted more kids and if I couldn't give that to him then I'd feel awful forever.

"What's going on?" Joey asked, making me look up at him quickly, almost forgetting that I was stood in the dressing room with him. "You haven't said anything and you've been here for five minutes, is everything okay?"