three

chapter forty nine ~ the one with the SpeedosHeather's POV

Heather's POV

Almost everyone knew that Rachel was pregnant, the only people who didn't know were Chandler and the baby's father, but we all knew who the father was. All thanks to a random red sweater, we knew that Rachel and Ross were going to have a baby. But we couldn't celebrate because we had to wait for Rachel to tell him before any of us could say anything, or accidentally let it slip. It was easy for Monica and Chandler to not spill the beans because this week they were going on their two-week honeymoon in Bermuda and we were all jealous; not only were they escaping everything for some romantic time on a beach but they also didn't have to worry about keeping secrets. They could tell anyone in Bermuda about the baby drama and no one would care, because they would never see them again. The only good thing about staying in New York was that I was officially on my maternity leave, I was having two months off work and had already worked out an agreement with my boss so that after the two months, I could start projects from home.

I knew that I wanted to go back to work after having the baby, because I wanted to make sure that we were financially capable of looking after our own child and I didn't want to be the kind of woman that just relies on a man to be the breadwinner for the family. Even though Joey has a stable acting job right now, you never know what could happen and I'd rather be helping with the bills than just watching him spend our money on super random things. Taking two months off from work would give me time to have the baby and then adjust to everything after birth; the working from home saga would help if I didn't feel ready to leave the baby for a whole day and I could ease myself back into my regular working hours. With Joey's flexible schedule, I knew that we weren't going to struggle to raise the baby and our friends were always around to help. Plus, now that Rachel was pregnant, she was bound to want to practise baby-sitting, just like I had been practising with Charlotte.

Without knocking, Joey and I opened the door to Monica and Chandler's apartment, hoping that we could catch them before they left for the airport and luckily, they were still here because Monica was stood in the kitchen as we came in. "Hey, we came over to say goodbye!" Joey says, heading straight to my sister-in-law to give her a big hug, then hugging Chandler and then heading towards the refrigerator to check what food they had left behind as they had promised to leave the leftovers for him.

"Yeah, have a great honeymoon." I said, embracing her tightly.

"Thanks." We pulled back from the hug and Monica pointed down to my stomach. "And don't have the baby before we come back."

"Please, you're going for two weeks and my due date is not even close."

She raised her eyebrow and pressed her hand to my stomach. "You never know."

"I better go pack." Chandler said as he stood up from the table and headed towards the bedroom but what Monica said next made everyone stop what they were doing.