fifteen

chapter one hundred and five ~ the one with princess consuela banana-hammockJoey's POV

Joey's POV

Now that Phoebe and Mike had gotten married, it was a topic of conversation about changing your name so that you could officially be part of your partner's life. Phoebe had decided to go ahead and change her last name so that she could feel married to Mike and it had caused some suspicion with Chandler. He had just found out that Monica never changed her surname to Bing after they got married, and was still legally a Geller; so, he wanted some opinions from someone else who had changed their name. the perfect chance came when the couple were in Central Perk and heather was sat on the armchair with Matteo on her lap. They were reading a story together and even though the moment looked adorable, Chandler was desperate to talk about the name-changing incident and had to interrupt the cuteness by sitting on the couch and asking the only thing that had been on his mind all day. "Hey, how long did you wait after you got married to change your name?"

She laughed, remembering how desperate she had been to change her surname once they got married because she hated being a Bing. "Oh my God, I did it like the next day or something."

"See, no one wants to be a Bing!" Monica shouted in his face and was glad that someone backed her up for not changing her name.

"Did you consider keeping it? Or even feel slightly bad that you were giving it up?"

"I never considered keeping it but I did feel slightly bad about it when I first had it changed; now I've gotten used to being a Tribbiani though." Heather shrugged, not seeing it as a big deal because she knew that Joey was her person and they would spend the rest of their lives together so she was happy to have his name. "It fits better."

Monica agreed, sharing her own opinion. "You look more like a Tribbiani."

"Thank you."

"So, you don't regret changing your name?" Chandler asked, not liking that he was being stuck with his last name and no one else wanted it. He wanted to know exactly why she wanted to change it and wanted every reason as to why Bing was the worst name in the world.

"No, I was excited to change my name. I have the same name as Joey, the same name as Matteo and this baby will have that name too." She explained as she let Matteo go onto the ground so that he could flip through the toddler book on his own; not too happy that his reading session had been cut short. "But I think it's all down to personal preference, if Monica wants to keep her name, then let her. It's not a big deal."

As they were talking, Phoebe came in and took a seat on the stool. "Hey Phoebe." Monica greeted her, not even thinking twice about it.

"Ooh, not anymore." She smirked. "I changed it today."

Heather raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, Mrs Hannigan."

"Wrong again. Apparently, you can change it to anything you want, so I thought, alright, here's an opportunity to be creative." The friends held their breaths to find out what she could possibly have chosen as her name and what she said, was something that none of them could have guessed. "So, meet Princess Consuela Banana-Hammock."