two

chapter two ~ the one with a spare roomHeather's POV

Heather's POV

Coming back to New York after having such a good break, was almost depressing. It was depressing because we were no longer free to do whatever we wanted because we had to go back to work but it was also not depressing because now that we were back, we could make plans about moving in together. There were both pros and cons of both apartments but we didn't really want to buy our own place because we couldn't afford it. We both agreed that any spare cash we had was going towards our wedding, whenever that would be and so, we decided that either I would move in with Joey or he would move in with me. However, neither of us could decide which option was better because even though I had the nicer apartment, his apartment was closer to all of our friends. Instead of arguing about it, we made a decision of just thinking about the move for a few weeks and not stressing about having to come to a conclusion any time soon.

"Hey babe, how was work?" Joey asked as I stepped into his apartment and put my purse on the counter.

"It was okay, I'm starving though." I frowned, waiting for my fiancé to offer to cook me something or buy me something because that was the kind of mood I was in today.

He didn't even turn to face me as he sat in the armchair and watched the football. "Help yourself."

Rolling my eyes at the option, I opened the refrigerator and found that it was pretty much empty and that my hunger would continue for a while longer. "It's empty."

"Let's check Monica's place, she always has food." He explained, turning the TV off and wrapping his arm around my waist, walking us across the hall to the apartment opposite.

"Are you sure that she doesn't mind us taking food?"

Joey brushed the comment off. "Of course, she doesn't. I do it all the time."

Without knocking, something that was usual for all of us as knocking went out the window when we were visiting each other, Joey opened the door and almost scared the couple to death. They were both on the couch and seeing them so close together, I really hoped that we hadn't just interrupted a private moment because that was disturbing and something that I tried to get myself to not think about. My fiancé didn't even seem bothered as he made his way into the apartment but I squeezed my eyes shut until I heard Monica's footsteps and knew that she wasn't on top of Chandler or anything like that. Smiling at my best friend, I waved enthusiastically. "Hey Monica!"

"Hey man, you feeling better?" Joey questioned, making me wonder what had happened to my brother earlier today, was he sick? My thoughts were broken as he handed me a bag of chips, and reached into the refrigerator to get himself a bottle of water.

"Yeah..." Chandler almost spoke gibberish as he stood up and followed Monica to the kitchen where we were sat at the table.

Monica was fidgeting with her hands which is something that she does when she is nervous, which made me nervous that she was going to say something that we wouldn't like. "Uh, Joey, we have something to tell you."