ten

chapter fifty six ~ the one with uncle joeyJoey's POV

Joey's POV

After the rowdy Thanksgiving that they had sat through, Heather was glad when things started to go back to normal. Now that she was back in work, she felt more like herself again but had worked out days around Joey's filming schedule so that they didn't have to hire a nanny or anything; they could work out babysitting times between each other. When she was working, Joey had the baby and vice versa, if there was an emergency and they were both called into work then one of their friends would always be around to take the baby on. It also helped that Melissa was now a stay-at-home-mom which meant that she was always available if they needed her to babysit Matteo for a few hours. Charlotte was getting so big now and it was crazy to think how much she had grown in such a little amount of time; that was why Heather wanted to spend as much time with Matteo as possible; before he got too big and she had missed out on all of his firsts.

Today was Heather's day to be home with the baby and she had already decided to take Matteo for a stroll in Central Park so that he could get some fresh air and get us out of the apartment for a while. Whenever Joey was staying home with the baby, they'd spend the day relaxing at home which was fine, but she also wanted their son to experience things outside of the apartment. However, sometimes plans can be changed and what she wasn't expecting was for Joey to forget that his younger sister was coming to visit them today; he still had to go into work to film some scenes but was going to see her before he left. Some people may have been worried to leave their partner alone with their sister-in-law but Joey didn't have that issue, ever since Heather had met his sisters, they had formed a bond; even before they had started dating. Heather had counted as family ever since their grandmother had handed her family necklace to her, without even realising that she had been a part of the family, she had been accepted.

Joey opened the door to reveal his younger sister but was ignored when Heather stood up from the armchair and ran over to greet her. "Dina!" His sister opened her arms and embraced his wife tightly, as if they were old friends reuniting. "Heather!"

He rolled his eyes and leaned on the door frame, pretending to be angry but on the inside was melting at the sight. "Don't mind me, it's not like I'm actually your flesh and blood."

"I've missed you too, Joe." Dina pulled back and managed to force him into an embrace too.

"Oh my God, I haven't seen you in ages." Heather squealed pulling her into the apartment and shutting the door behind them as she had so much to catch up on.

"I know, I've just been so busy."

"Come on in, take a seat." She led her sister-in-law to the empty armchair and ignored the way that Joey was watching them intently. "Do you want coffee?"

"I would love some." Dina replied, before looking around for her nephew, who was nowhere to be seen. "So, where's Matteo?"

"Oh, he's taking a nap."