five

chapter ninety five ~ the one with baby kangaroo Heather's POV

Heather's POV

With the two babies in our lives getting older it only made sense to really focus on the adoption process for Monica and Chandler. Joey and I were lucky not only to have Matteo but to also have our second child on the way and Ross and Rachel had been blessed with Emma; it was only fair that now my brother and his wife joined us in the parenting game with their own baby to love and care for. Before they had started this process, we had no idea how difficult it was to adopt but despite how difficult it was, we were desperate to help in any way possible because we all wanted Monica and Chandler to be happy. They had wanted a baby for years but the universe had been against them and now it was their chance; so, when they needed a letter of recommendation for the adoption agency, we were more than happy to help. Of course, I hadn't realised how invested Joey had been with the letter and had been working on it all morning.

I had offered up help but he wanted to write this by himself, proving that he could be helpful in an adult situation and help his best friend without any guidance. Rachel was at our apartment so that the babies could have a playdate, although they didn't really have many mutual interests. Matteo loved his dinosaur figurines and it was the only thing that he would play with, but as Emma had only recently turned one, all she wanted to do was stick the toys in her mouth and that didn't go down well with our son. Therefore, Rachel and I were on this playdate as officials, making sure that neither baby angered the other otherwise we would be dealing with two very upset children and we didn't want that. Playdates were supposed to be fun and relaxing but just when I thought it couldn't be more opposite; Ross came in with a guest and I could have killed him in that moment. "Hi Rachel. Here's your sister, Amy." Ross ignored the fact that the rest of us were in the apartment and pushed Amy towards her sister because he had obviously had enough of her already. "She thinks I need peck implants."

"Amy? Hi." Rachel stood up from the mat and hugged her sister, trying to remain polite but all I could think about was the last time we saw her on Thanksgiving, where they had literally fought each other. "Oh, you remember Joey?"

"Hey, sure, the Days of our Lives guy."

Joey smiled at her from his seat at the counter, not wanting to get too distracted from the letter but glad that he had been remembered. "That's right."

"You are not good."

"Seriously?" I rolled my eyes, standing up from the mat and looking between my friends. "Someone, stop me from hitting her...again."

"And you're his wife, the one with anger issues. Seriously? You haven't got that sorted out?" Amy looked me up and down and if my son hadn't been in the room then I would have pounced on her; at least she hadn't said anything about Matteo because that would have been the last straw. "If you were a dog, the pound would have put you down by now."

Looking over at my friends, I could see that they were waiting for my reaction to her spite but I was trying to remain calm. "Why isn't anyone holding me back?"