fourteen

chapter one hundred and four ~ the one with r

chapter one hundred and four ~ the one with r.c.t
Heather's POV

Everything was changing so fast and sometimes I had to take a moment out of my day to wrap my head around the changes that were happening. Monica and Chandler were moving out of the city, that was going to be strange, to think that the apartment opposite our own wasn't where our best friends would be living. Complete strangers would own that apartment and as nice as they may be, they would never be Monica and Chandler. Not only were they making big plans to leave the city but they were also having a baby and as happy as we were for them, I hated the fact that my niece/nephew was going to be so far away. I had always imagined that we'd live near to each other forever and watch our families grow together but now that they had their own house ready to move into, they were leaving and my imagination was not loving it. The woman that was carrying their baby was in town this week so that they could spend more time with her before the baby came and I was more than happy to meet her.

"So, where is the pregnant girl?" I asked as I stepped into the apartment and noticed that there was no other pregnant lady for me to talk to; just Monica making cookies and making the apartment smell delightful.

"Her name is Erica and she isn't here yet." Monica replied as she checked the oven for the cookies that she was baking. "She's coming over later and I'd love for you to meet her. Maybe tell her some good things about us and exchange pregnancy stories; just don't scare her about childbirth."

Laughing, I sat at the table and licked the spoon of the mixture that she had used. "Don't worry, I won't mention childbirth to the heavily pregnant girl. So, why did you call me over if Erica wasn't here yet?"

"I wanted to talk to you about the future. It's just that Chandler and I are moving and I was wondering when you and Joey were going to start looking for places?"

"Looking for places?" I frowned, not understanding where this conversation was going. "We don't need to because we have the apartment."

"The apartment? Sweetie, that apartment isn't big enough for another baby, it barely fits you all in it right now." Monica argues, trying to make a point. "You can't raise two kids and a dog in that apartment, you need a bigger place."

She made a good point, deep down I knew that it wasn't wise to raise two kids in a tiny apartment which wasn't what I wanted. Growing up, I never wanted to be the boring person who worked an office job, got married and popped out a few babies living in some suburban house with a white picket fence. That was why I moved to the city and that was why I loved living there but things had changed since Joey and I settled down. Matteo was getting older and soon he'd be starting school but did I want him to go to school in the city? I knew that the apartment we were living in wasn't big enough for another baby because there wasn't any room for us but now, I had to decide between finding another bigger apartment in the city or exploring other options. Joey worked here and I would never want him to give up his dreams as he wanted to be the longest working actor on Days of our Lives and he couldn't do that if we weren't living in the city. I was really conflicted and didn't know what the best way was to approach this because I didn't want Joey to hate me for the idea but I also wanted our sons to have the best childhood; something I didn't think would work out for the best if we were in the city.