twelve

chapter one hundred and two ~ the one with officer goodbody Joey's POV

Joey's POV

Knowing that Monica and Chandler were moving out of the city was going to be a hard adjustment to make and it was hard for the friends to think that in a few months' time, their group was going to be split. Some of them would still live in the city but the glue of the group would be in some suburban home, raising their new baby. Instead of moping around about the news, the friends decided to take their minds off the move by focusing on something else and that something else couldn't have come around sooner. Phoebe and Mike were getting married, it was only a few weeks until their wedding date and that meant that it was time to party plan harder than anyone had ever party planned before. Phoebe wanted the best bachelorette party in the history of bachelorette parties and the girls were hoping to win her over with a mature afternoon tea.

The boys were keeping themselves busy on the day of the party but Joey failed to mention that he was going to be a celebrity guest star on a gameshow. Pyramid had been one of Ross and Monica's favourite shows growing up but neither of them could make it as audience members because of the bachelorette party and the college reunion that Ross was attending with Chandler. Heather would have loved to have seen her husband on the show from a seat in the audience but she couldn't miss the bachelorette party; even though the girls would have loved for her to miss out because her hormones were raging and they didn't want to be at the cusp of the insults. They knew that she couldn't help what she was saying but they still didn't like to be insulted every few seconds, especially not when they were attending a party and it was supposed to be fun.

Rachel and Heather were sat at one of the white clothed tables, waiting for the stripper to arrive for the party to start but he was running late and Monica was getting worried that something bad had happened to him. "Hey, where is this guy? It's been over an hour."

"Well, he's coming from Jersey." Rachel answered, making sure that Phoebe was distracted because this was a surprise for her and she didn't want to ruin it. "He said he would get here as fast as he could."

Just as she finished her sentence, there was a loud knock at the door and Monica stood up to answer it. "Who is it?"

"It's the police." A voice said from the other side of the door, a heavy Jersey accent prominent in his tone.

Heather played along with the theme as she stood up and shouted at the other women at the party. "The police!"

"That's right, it's Officer Goodbody."

"What's the matter, Officer, has someone been bad?" Monica teased as she smiled at Phoebe, who was pointing at herself and preparing herself for the stripper but when the door opened, they were all staring at a very short older man holding a stereo.

"Woo, that's a lot of stairs. Oh boy, you should warn people there's no elevator." He keeled over to get his breath back but this was definitely not the stripper that anyone had been expecting. "Oh, I should not have had that Mexican food for lunch."