nine

chapter nine ~ the one with new year's dancing Heather's POV

Heather's POV

Wedding plans were set into motion and things were really looking up. I dropped the wedding planner because she wasn't doing much good and was really stressing me out rather than easing my worries. Instead of listening to my friends, I decided to listen to my fiancé and organise the kind of wedding that I wanted; there was no certain date but we knew that it was happening this month. We were having a December wedding, where it would be cold outside but it would warm everyone with the feeling of love and the bridesmaid dresses would be dark blue, just as I had wanted them. With the guys wearing the classic black tux and Ben would hopefully match them, as our little ring bearer; we just had to check that that would be okay with his parents first, but I was sure that they wouldn't have a problem with it.

Now that Melissa was pregnant, she was taking on less responsibilities in work and that meant that I was working harder than I had ever worked before. She wanted to make sure that I was completely ready to take over her position when she went on maternity leave and I was pretty confident that I could take on her position when she left. Although I didn't mind the extra training to make sure that I was up to speed, I was glad that she hadn't left yet because I wasn't ready to do all of this by myself yet. However, this almost-new position had its privileges and Mr George had managed to get me a free pass onto the filming of 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve' I had no idea what that show was but it sounded exciting. It became more apparent that it was a big deal to some of my friends when I told them the good news over coffee. "We love that show!" Monica squealed, very excited about what I had just mentioned. "Ross and I have been watching it since I can remember."

"Aw, you're still just a little fat girl inside, aren't you?" Chandler coos as he kisses her cheek and she rolls her eyes at his behaviour.

"I'm going to be on it. I'm going to be one of the party people."

"You're going to be a party person?" Ross repeated, almost jumping out of his seat at how amazing this news was and wasn't helped by Monica shaking his shoulders. "Those guys rock the most!"

"They said to bring someone, so I was going to bring Joey, if he wants to?"

My fiancé nodded, more than happy to be my date to the fake party. "Totally, we can show the world all that dancing we've been doing!"

"Well, they're taping tomorrow; even though it's a New Year's special."

"Well, how it works is, the part with Dick Clark in Times Square is actually live but they tape some of the party stuff ahead of time." Ross explained, before saying in a lower tone. "Not a lot of people know that."

"Well, I'm sure I could find passes for you guys too. Do you want to come?"

I almost regretted what I had just said because it was like I had unleashed a group of unruly toddlers into Central Perk, that was how their reaction played out. Ross almost fainted at the offer and Monica couldn't help shaking her brother even harder. Chandler and Rachel were so taken aback by the scene that they literally couldn't say anything and Joey seemed to be just as confused as I was. Obviously for him, as a famous actor, being an extra wasn't a big deal but for these two, they must really love this show. I had been excited about being an extra but I definitely wasn't this excited, if I had been this excited then Mr George probably would have fired me right away.