eight

chapter fifty four ~ the one with a stripper (hooker)Heather's POV

Heather's POV

Rachel moved into the apartment across the hall, the same place that held so many memories from when I first moved to the city; both good and bad. That apartment was the reason that Joey and I met, when I couldn't get the heater to work and he was the first person that offered to help; we had our first interaction in that apartment where he flirted but didn't realise that I was seeing someone else. That was probably the only good memory in that place, the rest of the memories were plagued with the realisation that Carl was lying to me the whole time. We had gotten engaged at the dining table but I also walked in on him cheating on me. Rachel promised that she was going to change everything about the apartment so that I could inside without worrying about being reminded of the things Carl had done, and she had already gotten started rearranging her furniture around. The boys weren't glad about moving the couch to three different parts of the room before she was happy with the position but they did it anyway, too scared to refuse the pregnant lady.

"So, what do you think?" Monica asked, snapping me back into reality because I had no idea what she was talking about but now I had to agree to something.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "About what?"

"You weren't listening? Come on, Heather, I need you on board so that we can be known as the best wives ever!"

"Okay, now I'm really confused, just tell me again."

She sighed, and straightened herself on the couch in her apartment. "We're hiring a stripper for our husbands."

"What?" My jaw dropped. "Are you crazy?"

"Neither of our husbands got a bachelor party. I didn't let Chandler have one and Joey didn't have time to have one due to your impromptu wedding. Shouldn't we show them how much we love them, by giving them what every man wants?"

Deciding that I couldn't argue with Monica once she gets an idea about something, I knew that whether or not they wanted one, the guys were getting a bachelor party. Chandler probably wouldn't want something like this because his morals were completely different to Joey's but I was almost one hundred percent sure that my husband would be happy enough to attend a bachelor party. I wasn't thrilled with ordering a stripper for Joey, especially not when he had a reputation of getting with random women like strippers, before we were together. I trusted him but I didn't trust a random woman who we were paying to strip in front of our husbands. I was also sure that Chandler was going to find it strange to watch his brother-in-law basically get a lap dance in front of him, I would feel uncomfortable if it was the other way around and I had to watch Monica openly enjoy another man. It was weird but no one could stop Monica when she got an idea and she dragged me down to Central Perk to tell the guys the good news. Joey was sat in the armchair, Matteo on his lap because he was on daddy duties today to give me a day off, but thanks to Monica, my day was cut short. Chandler and Ross were sat on the couch and were confused to see the two of us running in; Monica was sprinting because she was excited but I was being dragged behind her and was out of breath almost immediately.