one

chapter sixty nine ~ the one with big decisionsHeather's POV

Heather's POV

Emma Geller-Green was officially named and everyone was preparing for the big day that she would be released from the hospital; it was normal after delivery to keep the baby overnight just to make sure that everything was fine. Rachel was catching up on sleep in her private room whilst the rest of us were excited to show off the new baby to anyone that arrived at the hospital to visit. When Ross's parents arrived, we were more than happy to take Jack down to the nursery so that he could meet his granddaughter for the first time. Even though it was probably supposed to be a really sweet private moment, we all went and didn't want to miss any of the things that could happen whilst Emma was still here. Joey and I had called his parents again to check on Matteo and our son was perfectly fine, enjoying not only the attention from his grandparents but also all of his Aunt's that had come round to visit him. Phoebe, Ross, Monica, Chandler, Joey and I took Jack up to the nursery where we all looked through the glass window into the room where the babies were kept; admiring the sleeping baby that we all knew. "Isn't she beautiful?" Monica whispered, as if speaking any louder would wake up the babies on the other side of the window.

"Look at her. My first grandchild."

The comment by Jack made Ross scowl in disapproval because it was wrong and Emma wasn't his first grandchild. "What about Ben?"

"Well, of course, Ben. I meant my first granddaughter." He replied, although winced at the rest of us because he had forgotten about his first grandchild who was about seven years old now. Embarrassing for most but for Jack this was just normal and he was usually forgetting things like this, so we knew not to take it personally.

Shaking my head at what I had just heard, I turned to see if Joey was finding the situation funny but instead of seeing him laughing, he had the same deep thought look on his face as he stared into the nursery. Something was obviously on his mind and I wondered what it could possibly be, it must have been something serious otherwise he wouldn't be this worked up about it. Reaching over to him, I placed my hand on his arm and he flinched slightly, obviously so deep in thought that he had forgotten where he was and who was around him. But he relaxed when he realised that it was just me and that made me comfortable when asking him what was going on. "What's wrong, honey? You've been really quiet ever since Emma was born."

"I was just thinking..." He trailed off, refusing to look at me as he continued to stare into the room of sleeping babies and it was making me nervous.

"About?"

"What you said in the hospital room. About wanting another baby."

"Oh, that?" I began stuttering, not expecting to have affected him that much with what I had said. "That was just a heat of the moment thing, I was just kidding-"

"I want another baby." Joey interrupted me, this time he looked directly at me and his eyes were boring into mine. He was serious about this which freaked me out because I hadn't even been considering this and it came out of the blue. Trying to ease the tension I laughed awkwardly and patted his arm because I had no idea what he was thinking, but we weren't on the same wave length. "Joe, you can't be serious-"