one

chapter forty seven ~ the one with a pregnancy test Heather's POV

Heather's POV

Monica and Chandler were officially married and we were all so happy that their special day wasn't ruined as our track record for weddings wasn't that great. Sure, there had been a slight issue with the groom running away the night before his wedding and Joey almost missed the ceremony because of his scenes running overtime but it was nothing like the other weddings that we had been to. When we went to Melissa and Nick's wedding, the groom had tried to make a move on me and the bride found out that she was pregnant, Rachel had run out on her first wedding when she decided that she didn't want to marry Barry and Ross had said the wrong name at his wedding. Overall, this was a success and we were all glad that the main part of the day was completed without anything going majorly wrong.

Now that the ceremony was over, the guests had made their way over to the reception which was being held in one of the large halls upstairs but the wedding party stayed back to have their pictures taken. Something that I wasn't too happy with because everyone looked so great, then there was me, a bloated whale and they wanted me to be in the pictures so that they could remember their special day. I hated it, for most of my pregnancy I had ensured that no pictures were taken of me because of how unflattering everything looked but now that I was almost due, my brother wanted pictures of me squeezed into a dress so that he could remember how fat and unhappy I looked. Keeping hold of these pictures to tease me about them for years to come and I wasn't thrilled about it. Knowing that it wasn't my place to make decisions, though, I kept my mouth shut and tried to plaster the best fake smile that I could muster on my face so that no one would know how unhappy I was.

"Why don't we see the bride and the groom and the bridesmaids?"

Getting up from the comfy chair that I had been sitting on was torture, but I tried not to complain because I didn't want to ruin their special day, it was only a few more pictures and then we would be done. These were probably the last batches because most of them had already been taken and the only ones that I had asked for copies of, were the ones of me with the couple and a cute photo of me and Joey, even though I would have to see my husband wearing a bloodied uniform every time that I saw the picture; that's what made it more authentic and I decided it would go in our apartment so everyone could see how wacky we really are. Phoebe stood on one side of Monica and I stood next to my brother as Rachel moved to the side of me so that we were all in the shot for the cameraman.

As we all smiled, Phoebe broke the silence by asking. "Hey Mon, why did you tell the guys that you weren't pregnant?"

"Because I'm not." Monica answered plainly, which made us frown because we had found her test and we knew that she was pregnant, it was the only explanation.

"We found your test in the trash. If you're not pregnant..." She trailed off and I noticed that her eyes landed behind me. Rachel was pregnant but she must have hinted something to Phoebe, that she wasn't ready for everyone to know and being the good friend that she was, Phoebe decided to take the hit. "It's because I am."