sixteen

chapter sixteen ~ the one with the fireHeather's POV

Heather's POV

I was desperate for Joey to get back into the acting business, because he was getting too comfortable with his job at Central Perk and if he didn't book a job soon, then he would never get back into it. So, when he heard about this big movie opportunity, it was the perfect chance for him to get back into his dream job and we headed over to Monica and Chandler's apartment to get their help. The director of the movie, was a girl that Chandler had known in college and that would hopefully help Joey to get an audition but we needed to ask my brother first. Monica and Chandler were sat at the kitchen table when we walked in, Rachel headed to the bathroom and Phoebe was busy making something on one of the counters. Joey took a seat at the table and I stood behind him, leaning on the back of the chair.

"Hey, Chandler, you know that girl you went to college with who became a movie director?" He questioned, hoping that his best friend would agree to help him.

"Oh, yeah, Dana Keystone." Chandler looked up and remembered the girl, obviously knowing her better than we had thought. "She was in my movement class."

This caught Phoebe's attention. "What's a movement class?"

"It's Chandler's way of pretending he didn't take mime." Monica giggled, which made the rest of us laugh at how strange my brother was during his college years and reminded me of ither things that he had done which would embarrass him now.

"Oh, I almost forgot about that." Laughing, I turned to my brother. "Did you also tell her about the knitting thing?"

"Ah!" Chandler pointed at me, obviously not happy that I had let that slip and turned to my husband to bring the conversation back on track. "Joey, maybe you should get back to your story."

"Okay, well, she's directing the new Al Pacino movie. You got to get me an audition."

"I don't know man; I haven't talked to her in ten years." He sighed, feeling bad about asking a favour from someone that he hadn't talked to in a while.

"Please, please, Chandler?" Joey begged across the table. "I would owe you so much."

"You do owe me so much." Chandler paused, gesturing first to me and then naming other things that Joey owed him. "You not only owe me for letting you marry my sister but you also owe me $3,400-"

"Why are you changing the subject? Will you make the call or not?"

He sighed, running a hand through his hair before agreeing. "I'll try."

"Thanks, you're the best. Listen, the last day of auditions is Thursday, okay? So, I got to get in there by Thursday, okay? Just remember Thursday. Can you remember Thursday?"

"Yeah, so Tuesday?"

Narrowing my eyes at my brother because I wasn't fond of the jokes that he was making, I decided to scare him into helping us without his stupid humour. Because as his younger sister, I knew a lot of things about him, things that he hadn't even told Monica. "Chandler, I won't hesitate to tell everyone what you dressed up as for Halloween when you were eight."