seven

chapter seven ~ the one with the wedding plannerHeather's POV

Heather's POV

Meeting with a wedding planner was slightly more nerve-wrecking than I thought it would be, it wasn't supposed to be scary but there was a part of me that wondered whether this was the right thing to do. I had seen big weddings and as much as that had been my dream day growing up; I had grown more in the last six years than I had in my entire life and now, there was something more important than the wedding. Now, I had a groom that I wanted to marry more than anything and that was the only thing that I could think about. At this stage, I didn't even know if I wanted a big wedding, I just wanted Joey to be there and it would be perfect. But my friends were certain that I wanted a massive expensive wedding that would put royal weddings to shame and they were the ones who forced me to make an appointment with a rather expensive wedding planner.

"Good morning ladies, my name is Karen Hastings. Which one of you is the bride?"

The woman looked scary, I thought that wedding planners were supposed to be kind and friendly but this woman just looked the opposite. She looked more like a jail warden than a wedding planner and didn't even smile as she introduced herself. Her hair was pulled back, so tight that her eyes were slightly squinting and the bun was so precise that there were no whisps of hair threatening to escape; that must have taken a lot of pins and hairspray. Her clothes were dull, she wore a pencil skirt that went just above her ankles and a suit jacket over a plain blouse. All in all, I wasn't taken with this woman being in charge of the happiest day of my life, especially when she looked more ready to plan a funeral than a wedding.

"That's me, I'm Heather-"

"I'm Monica, possible Maid of Honour." She pushed past me, knocking me out of the way and shaking hands with the scary woman who was now more confused than I had expected her to be.

Rachel rolled her eyes, appearing over Monica's shoulder. "Uh, so am I, Rachel, nice to meet you."

"We're all possible Maid of Honours, she hasn't decided yet." Phoebe nudged them both and ended the shaking of hands with the woman. "I'm Phoebe."

"Yeah, well I'm most likely to get it because I'm dating her brother." Monica poked her tongue out, and seemed very pleased with herself. That did seem like the best option for me, but I still refused to pick because I felt bad for the others.

Phoebe looked as though she had seen red and couldn't contain her anger as she shouted across the coffee table. "Well, I'm more likely to steal Joey from her if she doesn't give me the role."

"You've got an interesting taste in friends." Karen whispered to me as we watched the three girls continue to argue about who would make a better Maid of Honour.

We had had this conversation several times and it had always ended with me not deciding, I knew that soon I would have to make the decision but it was hard. Rachel was someone that I could always rely on to talk to, and she always had the best gossip out of the girls which made things more interesting. Then, there was Phoebe, who could never fail to make me smile and she had been around for so many pivotal moments since I moved to New York; plus, she promised to give me pregnancy tips whenever I ended up pregnant. But then there was Monica, she was arguably my best friend and she was dating my brother. I knew that in the end, she would probably get the role but even then, I felt bad about not including Melissa in all of this.