seven

chapter seventy five ~ the one with the new office Heather's POV

Heather's POV

Now that I owned the building, I was more than excited to show everyone where my company was going to be. My friends and family had all been supportive when I told them that I was quitting my Real Estate job and going into something that I'd been wanting to do ever since I got my first real job in the city. Becoming a Real Estate Agent was supposed to be a stepping stone into my career running my own business, but I had been so caught up in my relationship and having a baby; that I had forgotten my long-term plan. My Dad was the one who reminded me what I wanted to do and that there was no better time than the present to get started; using the money that I had saved ever since my first job, I bought the office building and now had to get it renovated before I could employ staff and get the business off the ground. Getting the keys made everything seem more real and I couldn't wait to see it in person; leaving Matteo with Monica, I took Joey with me to see where my company was going to begin.

As soon as we arrived at the building, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face and Joey found it hilarious that I was so excited about showing him around. I already had so many ideas about what I wanted to do with the space and he was the first person that would get to hear my vision; he was also excited and glad that I had found my motivation for my career again. I turned the key in the lock and stepped inside, flicking the light switch so that the place was illuminated and took a deep breath before explaining my plans. Everything had been thought out and I was more than happy with the space. Not only was the building a perfect design, but it also wasn't too far away from the city; only about twenty minutes away from our apartment; a part of my plan that I hadn't told Joey yet. The real reason that I chose the building out of the city was because at some point in the future, I'd want us to move to a more suburban home. Somewhere with a backyard for Mozzarella to run around in and enough room for Matteo to have his own space without falling over each other in our small apartment. But that wasn't happening anytime soon, we were happy with our apartment for now and that's why I didn't mention anything to Joey.

"And this is where the front desk will go, so it's the first thing you see when you come in. Then past here there'll be a sitting space for clients and it'll be cosy but professional. This is where the desks for my employees will go and they'll all get their own space so they're not on top of each other."

Joey didn't seem fazed as I talked really fast at him and just let me enthuse about this new space; knowing that I needed to get it off my chest and tell someone my plans. He ran his hand over one of the old desks that had been left behind; something that I would replace because I wanted everything to look sleek and new. "So, which one is your desk?"

"Honey, as the boss, I don't have a desk here." I answered, proud that I was moving up and would no longer have to squeeze behind a tiny desk in a large room. My days of office work was behind me because as the CEO, I got my own space and I was very excited about what to do with that space.