twenty four

chapter forty six ~ the one with the big weddingJoey's POV

Joey's POV

This was it. It was time for the wedding of the year, the moment that everyone had been waiting for, for such a long time. It was time for the two most single people in the world, to get married to each other. No one had ever expected Chandler to get married, he didn't even think that this day would come as he much preferred the life of a bachelor where there were no limitations or no commitments that he had to make for life. But when he saw Monica, that changed and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Sure, it wasn't an instant attraction because they had been friends for several years before but their love blossomed into what it is today and they were so grateful for this love story that neither of them had ever imagined. Now that Chandler wasn't freaking out about getting married, he was able to truly enjoy his special day; it had taken a lot of convincing but he was ready and it was time.

Music plays softly as the groom and his parents walk down the aisle first. Chandler is in the middle with his Mom on the left and his Dad on the right, both of them dressed as fancy as possible to out-dress each other. They had been constantly bickering and that wasn't going to stop just because there was a wedding going on, but Chandler had grown to ignore it and at this point was just glad that they were both here for his big day. He didn't care what happened after today, because all he knew was that he would remember this moment for the rest of his life and even though he had been freaked out that morning, now he was ready for this next step and was ready to begin the next part of his life with Monica by his side.

"Our little boy is getting married." Charles said, smiling as they walked down the aisle and wanted the other guests to think that they were the perfect family.

"Oh, look at you." Nora gushed over him, patting his chest. "So handsome."

"You look beautiful, mom." Chandler compliments her as they take another step but then Charles clears his throat, waiting for his own compliment. "You look beautiful too, dad. I love you both." They stopped when they reached the end of the aisle and Chandler reached up to kiss both of them on their cheeks. "I'm so glad you're here."

Chandler stepped onto the platform to wait for his bride to make her entrance and the parents of the groom took their seats in the front row, making sure that they had the best view of the ceremony before looking back to see the rest of the bridal party make their entrance. First it was Rachel and Ross, who were going down the aisle together because they were the Best Man and the Maid of Honour. Originally the plan was that Joey would walk Heather down the aisle but because he wasn't here, they had to change things around slightly. Instead of Phoebe walking with Ross and Rachel, she was going to walk with Heather to keep her company so that the pregnant bridesmaid wasn't walking down the aisle alone. Rachel held onto her bouquet of lilies tightly, keeping her arm looped with Ross's as they smiled at the guests and were now calm because Chandler was here and he wasn't freaking out anymore.