- two -

Draco Malfoy

This was the last place I wanted to be.

We were only a few days into the year, and school was already worse than it had been in the past.

At least Potter and his friends made the decision not to come back this year. He actually had people who cared about him. Me? I was too 'evil', as some might say, for anyone to ever love me.

Potter had that red-haired girl, Granger had Weasley, and all I had was a mum who was going crazy ever since my father had been locked away.

The Ministry gave us kids a second chance, not that I wanted one anyway...

My 'friends' had all made the decision to return rather than move in with the dementors, so I decided to tag along and suffer through these fucking miserable classes.

I hurried through the common room and down towards the dorm halls, trying to get to my room before any other Slytherin even dared to look at me in the wrong way, making me want to throw a solid punch.

I quickly turned the corner, only to slam into a short girl.

"Out of my way... Rowen," I snapped at the Hufflepuff girl who stood in front of me. I'd seen her up here before, despite her not being in this house, but I didn't feel the need to ever speak to her. Hell, I didn't even know her first name, all I knew was that she was in the year below me.

She mumbled something just as I brushed past her.

"Maybe you need to watch where you're going, Malfoy..."

I turned around, catching the girl by her wrist before she could walk away. "The fuck did you just say to me?"

Her brown eyes held fear in them for only a split second before it was replaced by fury. "I said... watch. Where. You're. Going..." She seethed the words back at me.

Not gonna lie, I was slightly caught off guard by her boldness, but I hurriedly regained my composure.

Within seconds I had her small body pinned against the wall, holding each of her wrists beside her head. No one gets to talk to me like that...

"What's a Hufflepuff like you doing down here, hm? Hanging out with that pathetic friend of yours... Hernandez, right?" My voice was low as I stared down at her. The girl's expression hardened and I realized that I'd gotten to her.

"Fuck off, before I knee you so hard you won't be able to have kids of your own," She raised her eyebrows as she spoke, and if she wasn't a Hufflepuff then I'd be pretty turned on at the moment by her boldness.

"You don't get to tell me what I can and can't d-"

"Wanna bet?" She was quick to interrupt me before I even got the chance to finish speaking.

Merlin, this girl is persistent...

My tongue rolled along the inside of my cheek, watching as she leaned forward a bit, my hands still holding her wrists against the walls.

"How about you let me go and we can handle this without you having to touch me, hm?"

I didn't even hear what she was saying. Her sweet voice almost had me captivated, so much so that I didn't realize that my grip on her arms had loosened, causing her to remove herself from my grasp.

She placed her hands on my chest and roughly pushed me away, causing me to clench my jaw in anger. "Who do you think you are, talking to me like th-"

"I'm not someone you should care about, that's for sure," She rounded the corner, not even bothering to turn around as she spoke.

Something about this girl was different, she wasn't like the others, and I was going to find out why...

-

-

-