- 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨 -

Mature content ahead...

-

Aria Rowen

"I love you."

He said it. He actually said it. It was the only thing I'd wanted to hear for a while now, and it was also the only phrase that made everything serious between us.

"Draco—"

"Don't say anything. Just listen to me, alright?"

I nodded as he spoke, but at the same time, I felt my heart begin to race.

"I do. I love you and— I don't know how to show you that. You promised me that you wouldn't leave— and you didn't even stay long enough to hear me out. I don't even know if—," Draco took a deep breath before continuing to speak. "I don't even know if you love me back, but it's always going to be you."

I didn't know how to respond using words, so my actions spoke for me as I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought his lips down to meet my own, kissing him for the first time in several weeks.

He didn't hesitate to move one of his hands to my neck, pressing me further against the wall as he kissed me back.

My stomach fluttered with butterflies as the kiss grew longer and more intimate. I finally pulled away, keeping my forehead pressed against his. "I love you too."

Draco wasted no time in reconnecting our lips, kissing me in a way that seemed rough, yet gentle at the same time. I brushed my fingertips along the back of his neck, listening as he gave a soft groan in between the kiss.

"I want you..." I spoke the words against his lips as he continued to kiss me.

"Aria— we don't have to if you don't w—"

"I do want to," I mumbled my answer as I moved my hands to rest against the sides of his face, tracing my fingers along his jaw.

"My dorm... 2 minutes... ditch your date."

I quickly nodded as he pulled away, giving me one final kiss as if neither of us could get enough of each other.

He walked out of the dimly lit hallway, disappearing back into the party as I did the same— except I went in the opposite direction.

I wandered throughout the common room, pushing my way past teenagers who were far too drunk to remember any of this in the morning.

I spotted Aidan seated on a sofa next to his friends— and Indy. I smiled as I approached him, and they smiled back as soon as they saw me.

"Oh— Aria, there you are," He gave a chuckle, looking between me and Indy. "I was gonna go back to Ravenclaw Tower... are you good here— or I can stay to walk you back to y—"

"I'll be fine, thanks though," I sent him a weak smile, feeling grateful that I didn't have to have some deep conversation on why I would have to leave him for the rest of the evening.

I gave Indy a tiny raise of my eyebrows, watching as she blushed and rolled her eyes before I wandered back through the crowds.

I reached the dorm halls, following the instructions that I had used in the past to get to Draco's room. I was familiar with the way there, seeing that I'd stayed over in his room on multiple occasions.