- five -

Aria Rowen

Potions ended, and just like yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that, I sped out of the classroom, not wanting to risk having to talk to Malfoy about that ridiculous project.

I was almost down the corridor when I felt a hand on my wrist and I was pulled into a secluded area of the hallway.

Turning around, my eyes locked with a pair of cold, grey ones.

"Let go of m—"

"We have a project due next week... Aria," He dropped my wrist and blocked my exit to get past him. "So, what are we gonna do about that?" He stood there with his arms crossed and a smug look on his face.

Great. He knew my first name. That's one step closer to him than I wanted to be.

"First of all... I don't care what we do, as long as it gets done. Second thing, talk to me like a civil person, rather than pulling me off into some hall—"

"How am I supposed to talk to you when you ignore me like I'm invisible or something?"

I stepped closer to him, looking up so that my face was only inches away from his. "If you pretend like someone's invisible, then maybe they'll learn when to fuck off."

Malfoy's expression was unfazed as he stared back down at me, "What have I done to you for you to hate me? Hm?"

"You, Draco Malfoy, are a death eater... a no good—"

He cut me off by stepping forwards, causing me to fall back against the wall as he placed both of his hands on the surface behind me.

My heart was beating so fast that I was sure I might explode at any second.

"I'd watch that mouth of yours, Rowen, before it lands you in a situation you don't want to be in. Some people won't tolerate you speaking like that..."

"Some people like you?" My voice was barely above a whisper, meaning that he could probably hear the shakiness behind it. I didn't care if he is... was a death eater, he couldn't do anything to make me hate my life any more than I already did.

He gave a sarcastic scoff as he stepped away, giving me the chance to walk out from the hidden corner he had pulled me into.

He called after me, "My dorm, tonight. We can work on the project—"

"I'd rather have witnesses, thank you very much..." I didn't need to turn around as I spoke, already sensing the annoyed energy he was giving off.

"Fine. Your dorm."

I stopped walking and turned around. He was now leaned against the wall with his arms crossed and a smirk plastered over his face.

"Ten o'clock. Don't be late or I won't let you in."

"But that'll be after curfew by the time we're finished—"

"Then I guess that's motivation not to stay long..." I turned around again and continued walking down the hall, satisfied that I had gotten my way.

The nerve of this boy... he thought that he could just walk around, acting like he owns the school after what happened.

No one really trusted him, other than his friends who were in the same situation as he was. They all either were death eaters, or their parents worked for the Dark Lord.

But I guess there's not much of a reason to fear for your own life now that Voldemort's gone.

We could all go back to our normal lives- or at least whatever we considered to be normal, given that we'd never really experienced the feeling of freedom.

-

-

-