- twenty nine -

A/N- SORRY IF THERE ARE TYPOS! I'm too dizzy to proofread and Miss ELLA THE EDITOR won't message me back :(

Aria Rowen

I paced around my room, trying to straighten it up— even though I'd already cleaned it several times over.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I'd said yes to Draco. That meant that I'd actually be seen in public with him as a date.

If I wanted to get close with my friends again, any chances of that were being washed further down the drain with each minute more that I spent with Draco.

They hated him, just for the faded mark on his arm. I was almost sure that they despised him even more than they did Luke... but of course Dylan got to walk around free to do whatever she wanted to with her new boyfriend.

Everyone except me seemed to think that Blaise was different than Draco or Luke, simply for the fact that his parents were the ones to take the mark... not him.

The entire thing made me mad, but here I was, a week away from taking Draco Malfoy as my date to the Winter Formal.

Was I doing the right thing? I'd been so caught up in the moment when he asked me... but that's when it had also hit me too.

He was so fucking possessive. Draco didn't want me talking to any other boy, and if he saw me doing that... well, let's just say he didn't let me go an evening without making sure that I knew no one else got to have me except for him.

It made me think of the letter I'd received from Aidan just hours before I'd gone to Draco's dorm to study. I wasn't planning on saying yes to the Ravenclaw boy, so the next morning I went straight to Aidan and politely declined him, stating that I'd already been asked.

Of course Draco was standing across the corridor when I'd told the boy my answer, and Draco insisted that he watched because he wanted to make sure I did what I told him I would.

I'd secretly been wanting Draco to ask me all along— And he did ask me... not at the most convenient time— but for some reason, I still said yes.

A loud bang sounded on my bedroom door, making me jump before I moved cautiously to open it.

The moment I twisted the handle, the door slammed open and Jenna strode into the room, hands on her hips.

"What the f—"

"I need your help..." She longingly looked at me, and I couldn't tell if she was mad or upset.

We were supposed to be hating each other at the moment, but I couldn't help but wonder what was so important that she'd break our feud. "With...?"

She huffed and crossed her arms, her eyes darting around the room as she thought to herself. "I need your help to... to pick out a dress."

Even though I should've been mad, I gave a slight smile that I tried to hide. "A dress?" She shyly nodded and looked down at the ground, which only made me smile more. "Who asked you?"

She looked up and narrowed her eyes at me, daring me to ask, before she reluctantly scoffed. "Emery... Emery Starling. The Gryffindor."

"Indy's friend?" She nodded and I tried not to smile as I pictured Jenna going with the pretty dark-haired girl.

Emery Starling was a seventh year like us, and she was one of Indy's first friends before we all met. I'd only talked to her a few times, but I knew how kind she was— which meant that she was perfect for my friend.

I almost forgot that I was supposed to be mad at Jenna, but this was just too big of an opportunity to pass up. "Wait— why do you want my help? Aren't Indy and Dylan good at that kind of— stuff?"