- fifty two -

Aria Rowen

Draco and I walked through the busy streets of town, heading towards the shop where we planned to meet the others. His hand never left my back as he guided me down sidewalk after sidewalk until the storefront appeared at the end of the road.

Pansy waved to us, and I gave a small wave back as we approached the six people who were seated on a bench.

"Glad you two could join us..." Blaise patted Draco on the back as he spoke.

"What took you so long?" Dylan sent me a curious glance, and I could already feel a blush rising to my cheeks.

"Oh—" I stuttered a bit, trying to come up with a response. "—we just needed some extra time to freshen up... that's all."

I heard Draco give a small chuckle, making me nudge him in the side with my elbow to shut him up.

I spotted Cecile, who was standing directly next to Luke. She really shouldn't have gone back to him, but it also wasn't my place to judge her decisions.

"So—" Pansy clapped her hands together and stepped in front of the group. "—where do we want to go first?"

"Maybe we could all split up? Girls go in one direction and we can go in the other?" Theo glanced at all of us, waiting for our approval. We all looked at each other, confirming it with a nod.

Cecile seemed extremely eager to get away from Luke, so she stepped across the pavement as quickly as possible to stand next to Pansy.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea!" Pansy smiled at us all and grabbed my arm, pulling me away from Draco so that I could stand with them. "Why don't we all meet up in an hour at the cafe on fifth street for lunch, hm?"

Theo stepped away from Pansy and joined the guys. "Sounds like a plan..."

•••

Draco Malfoy

"What's up with you and Rowen?" Luke sat down at the table across from Blaise and I, sitting directly next to Theo.

I sent him a confused look as I took a sip out of the glass in front of me.

We'd gotten to the cafe early, and now we were waiting on the girls to join us.

"You barely touch her around us... I don't know... you two just seem awkward," Carrow shrugged shoulders and slumped back against the booth he was sitting in.

I rolled my eyes and set my cup back down. "Excuse me for showing all of my affection in private," If only they knew that a few hours ago I was fucking her senseless while they were out here roaming about town, doing their window shopping as I made sure that the only thing she was able to say was my name so that she would remember who was pleasing her.

Barely touch her? Hell, whenever we're alone I can barely keep my hands off of her. She's so perfect that it's hard not to touch her.

I was never— and still am not one to show too much affection in public. It's just never been my thing, but if I ever needed to prove that she was mine... I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

"I'm just saying, you two seem like an unlikely couple..." Luke threw his hands up in defense as I scoffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know... you're— well— you're like us," Carrow nodded towards Blaise and Theo. "...and Rowen... well she's a Hufflepuff—"

I shot him a look that shut him up, daring him to finish the sentence. "What about you and Martin? Anything going on there?" I quickly directed the subject away from Aria, not wanting to hear him talk about her in that way.