- forty six -

Aria Rowen

My eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the sunlight that streamed through the curtains. I rolled over slowly, feeling the empty spot in my bed where Draco's body had previously been next to my own.

I blinked a few times before sitting up. My gaze immediately shot to the far side of the room where Draco was seated at my desk, scribbling something down on paper.

"Oh— you're awake..." He turned around when he heard me move so that he was looking at me.

"Morning," I gave a soft yawn, stretching my arms in front of me.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Fine... you?"

He stood up from the desk, walking over and towards my dresser. "Really well."

Draco was dressed in a pair of sweatpants with a Slytherin logo just below the waistline. His upper half was unclothed, his toned chest completely visible to me as I gazed at him.

I immediately blushed, becoming flustered as I spotted the tiny purple marks that I'd left along his chest and lower abs.

He gave a small smile when he saw where I was looking. "Check out yourself," He chuckled and turned back to face the mirror.

I climbed out of bed, slowly making my way over to stand beside him and look at my own reflection.

If I thought that his marks were bad, the ones that his lips left on my skin were almost worse. They were a lot more on my body than his, and they were noticeable too. The purple imprints had been left along my neck, shoulders, chest, and I lifted the edge of my shirt to see some scattered across my stomach as well.

"I think I did a nice job..." He chuckled and turned to face me, making me roll my eyes as I dropped the hem of my shirt down once again.

I reached down, taking his hand into my own. "Draco?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you ever talk about it?"

"What?" He looked down at me in confusion, but all I did was stare at his forearm.

"Aria—" As soon as he noticed what I was looking at, he wrenched his arm away from me, moving it to his side and out of my view. "Don't... don't look at that."

"Draco, it's okay," I reached up, gently placing my hands on each side of his face so that I could pull his head down to kiss him. Our lips collided smoothly, and my eyes fluttered shut as I relaxed my body against his own. I pulled away again, still maintaining perfect eye contact with him. "I don't think any less of y—"

"But they do..." He was quick to cut me off as he took my small hands into his larger ones. "People here— they hate me. All except for you."

This was it. He was finally going to open up to me again.

"I just... I don't want to put you through this. I don't want you to feel like you're stuck with me," Draco's voice almost sounded hurt and broken, but he was still maintaining a mental wall that separated his emotions from me.

"I could never feel stuck with you..." I mumbled the words softly before reaching up and kissing him again.

He kissed me back before pulling away, but he still held my body close to his. "I'll show you... one day. I promise I will. I'll talk to you about it too— if that's what you want."

"Of course. It's all up to you," I offered him a small smile and a nod.

It was true, I didn't want him to feel pressured to tell me anything, but at the same time I was dying to know more about him in order to grow closer.