- thirty one -

Aria Rowen

I finished tying the thin ribbons that hung in a crisscross shape at the back of my dress before turning and staring at my reflection.

I looked in the mirror, surveying the black dress the hugged my body. Jenna picked it out, saying that it would look great on me. I hadn't tried it on until now since we were on a tight schedule, but it seemed to fit me perfectly.

It was made out of a silky material that stopped just above my matching black heels with straps that crossed over my ankle.

My hair laid in neat, dark brown waves over my shoulders. I thought that I would leave it un-styled for the evening since there wasn't much that I could really do with it. Hair was Indy's thing... and I didn't have her to help me with it.

A loud knock made me jump, slightly caught off guard since I wasn't expecting it. No one was supposed to be here yet.

The moment I opened the door, my eyes immediately locked with Draco's as I looked up at him, but it wasn't but a few seconds before his gaze moved and trailed over my entire figure as if he was trying to visually take in every detail.

"Draco...?" His eyes quickly snapped back to mine as I regained his attention. "You're here early," I turned around and walked further into my room as he stepped in behind me and shut the door.

"Thought I'd stop by sooner..." He stepped closer to me as I stood in front of my mirror again, attempting to put on a pair of jeweled earrings.

I felt his hands wrap around my waist, causing me to look up at our reflections. Draco used the grip that he had on my body to pull me back so that my shoulders were pressed against his chest.

"You look..." He lowered his head to my neck, placing a soft kiss against my skin that made me feel things. "...fucking perfect," He traced one of his hands up my arm, creating chills with every small movement.

I felt Draco's hand wrap around my neck, tilting my head back so that he could place slowed kisses along my jawline before moving to whisper into my ear. "The things I could do to your body right now... my god."

My entire frame felt weak with a complete need for him, but we hadn't even arrived at the formal.

"Fuck, Aria, I'm taking this dress off of you later..."

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks as I playfully rolled my eyes. "We should get going."

"We don't have t—"

"Draco, they're waiting for us," I sent him a look as he scoffed and sarcastically smiled.

"Fine... you'll give in later..."

"Sure I will, now let's go."

•••

Draco and I arrived outside of the entrance to the dungeons where the others were waiting for us. Pansy was going with Theo. Dylan was going with Blaise— but Luke... he was going with some unfamiliar girl that I'd never seen a day in my life.

She had long blonde hair that had been neatly curled, and her white shoes matched perfectly with her pale, pink gown.

The girl smiled once she saw me and stepped forwards, extending her hand. "I'm Cecile— and you must be Aria! Luke has told me all about you!"

I shook her hand gently, just as I felt Draco's arm move across my lower back and grip my waist. I looked up to see him sending Luke a glare, probably wondering why he had been talking about me to this new girl.