- fifty five -

A/N- THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN EDITED BECAUSE IM A LAZY BITCH- PLEASE POINT OUT MY MISTAKES SO THAT I CAN FIX THEM BECAUSE IT TAKES FOREVER FOR THE CHANGES TO PROCESS. thank you <3

-

Aria Rowen

I slowly walked in front of Draco as we made our way down the staircase. I'd spent the past hour getting ready, even though I was just going downstairs to visit with the others.

I'd picked out a basic outfit, nothing too fancy. My black skirt matched the casual and comfy top. Not gonna lie, it did boost my mood a little to get out of that bedroom. I would have to get over what happened with my parents eventually, why not now?

"Well look who it is..." Blaise's voice rang out, bringing my attention to where he sat on the couch as Draco and I descended the last step, entering the living space. Dylan was seated beside him and Cecile and Luke were on the other couch.

I really wanted to talk to Cecile again about what she'd told me, but I figured that it was best to wait for her to come to me, rather than risk making matters worse between us.

I smiled at them, doing my best to show that I was fine and didn't want them to give me any pity over what had happened in town. I didn't know how much Draco had told them, but it was obviously enough that they had a general idea about the situation.

Almost as of on cue, Pansy entered the room carrying a tray of snacks and food. Theo wasn't too far behind her, holding a tray of glasses in one hand a big bottle of firewhiskey in the other.

"Oh! Aria you're back..." The dark-haired girl sent me a warm smile, and of course I smiled back out of a sense of politeness.

I acknowledged the rest of them, sending them small nods of my head as they stared in my direction, probably wondering what they should or shouldn't say around me. I hated the fact that they thought they were all walking on eggshells whenever I was around... honestly, I'm fine.

I walked over to one of the couches and Draco followed, sitting down in the empty space next to me. We all watched as Pansy and Theo set the trays of snacks and refreshments on the table in front of the fireplace.

Blaise was the first to reach out, grabbing the bottle of firewhiskey and popping the cork from the top. He poured a glass for Dylan, and then one for himself before passing the bottle to Cecile and Luke.

"We need to have some fun before we have to go back..." Pansy gave a disappointed sigh and leaned back in her chair.

"Was dropping hundreds of galleons on a new wardrobe not enough fun for you?" Theo chuckled at his own joke that brought a smile to the rest of our faces.

Pansy rolled her eyes and turned back to look at us. "I mean something that involves us as a group— I don't know, maybe a game or something?"

"Well, what did you have in mind?" Blaise downed the rest of his drink in one sip.

"I don't have anything planned... we could put that heated pool outside to use if you all would like?"

Cecile and Dylan perked up at her suggestion, obviously wanting to do that.

"What fancy rich people things don't you have here?" Blaise laughed and playfully rolled his eyes.

"I guess it's settled then, put on a swimsuit and we can meet on the deck?"

We all nodded at Pansy's instructions before standing up, each couple going in opposite directions towards their rooms.

She'd recommended that we all bring swimsuits, but I didn't think that we would get to use them due to the cold mountain air— guess I was wrong about that one.