13. summer nights

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Senior year scared Stacey Adams.

Although she'd be out of high school and able to really focus on fashion and her business, the thought of leaving everyone behind scared her. She remembered some nights in New York and how she felt lonely (that is, until Darnell joined her), but it gave her a glimpse of what life would be like away from Beverly Hills. She'd be away from her friends and her family. Away from...

No, she criticized herself. No boys for a while.

She'd let her mind travel to Darnell and Jordan for some time after she returned. She hadn't seen Darnell since New York and it was hard to get in touch with him. Jordan...well, she went to Las Vegas with her friends for Coop's show. It was a fun weekend that Stacey barely remembers. She remembered Layla and Spencer together and some conversations with Jordan. They were working on being friends as they had been there for each other through a lot, but she was almost certain the clothes littered on her hotel room one morning wasn't a coincidence.

Her thoughts diminished when a loud shrill echoed throughout the house. Stacey rolled her eyes and grabbed her phone and keys. She went to the kitchen and put in the code to their new security system. Ever since she came back, paparazzi was at her house a couple of times a week, trying to get any inside information for their gossip sites. She ignored them most of the time, but it was getting too much. Especially for a seventeen year old girl. Her dad set up an advanced security system throughout the house. He also sued the front gate for not having stricter measures which earned them some money and a better security guard at the gate.

"Dad, I told you it's 3984!"

"Wow. You haven't seen your brother all summer and I'm getting yelled at."

Stacey turned around and ran to Asher with a smile on her face. He had been away with their mom all summer traveling the world. It was a tempting offer for Stacey to go, but New York had already been solidified.

"God, I've missed you," she says.

Asher pulls away from the hug and ruffles her hair. "I've missed you too."

Stacey grunts and brushes her fingers through her hair. "So, how was mom?"

"She was fine," he says. "It was cool seeing the world, but seeing your name on TMZ and ET was pretty cool."

Stacey blushed. "Oh god, you saw all that?"

Asher chuckled. "Yeah, the paparazzi loved you and Darnell."