17. first date

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

"You said yes?"

Stacey shushed Jane as she said her sentence a bit too loud as they got their textbooks out of their lockers.

"Yes and I haven't told many people yet," said Stacey.

She was still surprised at herself for saying yes to Darnell. After he left New York, she was certain she'd be able to move on and be single going into her senior year. But the way Darnell came to her house and expressed what he felt changed something within her. It was a good change.

"I'm here for it," smiled Jane. "You've been Jordan Jordan Jordan for the longest time ever. It's nice to see a change with someone else."

Stacey nodded. Her mind had always been on Jordan, and maybe it always would be, but it was suppressed deep within her head now. Although she wanted Jordan in her life whether it was dating or just being friends, she didn't know how he would take it. He was irrational last year with his decisions, but he had changed...maybe he would accept it?

"That's a sight."

Stacey turned around and saw Layla and Simone talking with each other. Her arms tightened around her History book. "Why does everyone love Simone all of a sudden?"

Jane shrugged. "I swear the other day I heard her talking about you. Nothing bad, but I did hear your name."

Stacey continued to stare curiously at Simone. "What the hell does she want?"

The bell rang and Jane closed her locker. "Don't know, but I have to get to class. Focus on one thing at a time, though. First is telling Jordan about Darnell."

"I don't have to tell Jordan anything!" she called out to Jane as she walked away.

"What are you not telling me?" asked Jordan.

Stacey jumped, causing her locker to shut and slam behind her. She composed herself as she looked up at Jordan. "Um, nothing."

Jordan rolled his eyes. "We both promised we wouldn't lie to each other, remember?"

Stacey nodded. She hated when people kept things from her and hiding her secret would possibly make things worse.

"Darnell and I are dating now."

Stacey waited for an outburst, but it never came. Jordan was silent for a couple of seconds, processing the information.

"That's new," he said.

Stacey watched what she said, not wanting to overstep anything. "Yeah. I didn't plan for this to happen, it kind of just did."

Jordan shook his head. "You don't have to explain yourself to me. You're single and can do what you want. I have to get to class."