3. tourists

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Waking up the next morning, Stacey regretted opening her eyes to the blaring sunlight shining in her penthouse. She threw her covers over her face, already feeling the massive headache dawning on her. She wanted to slap herself for drinking too much last night. She had a one drink rule, but obviously being a teenager alone in New York was giving her more freedom than she should have.

She didn't remember much of last night, just Darnell helping her get to bed. Darnell. She didn't remember him leaving last night. Stacey pushed her headache to the side as she got up and made her way to the living room. Darnell was on the couch, still passed out. He was wearing the same clothes.

Stacey made some coffee before she woke him up. Setting his cup on the table, she tapped his shoulder. Darnell yawned and opened his eyes. He felt embarrassed when he saw Stacey standing next to him. "Oh god, I'm sorry I spent the night. I was just really tired and it was late–"

Stacey laughed, sitting down on the couch next to him and sipping her coffee. "Darnell, you're fine. We're friends and you're welcome to stay or sleep here any time."

Darnell flinched lightly at her choice of word to describe them, but hid it by going for his coffee. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop you last night. I went to the bathroom and then when I came back, boom. You were wasted. Those guys were assholes."

"They're Hayden's friends," Stacey shrugs. "I have to play nice with them. They're big in the business world and if I make one wrong move, my career could be over."

Darnell scoffed. "Don't let low-life men dictate your life. From the looks of it last night, they only care about sex and drinking."

Stacey knew he was right and she did remember one of the guy's hands on her waist. She shuddered at the memory. "That's the way life is sometimes. I just have to prove myself."

"You don't have to prove yourself! You're seventeen and have one of the biggest clothing brands in America right now. You know what," Darnell set their coffees down and without thinking, took her hands in his. "What do you want to do today? It'll be just us two."

Stacey pondered on his question, but it was hard to think with his hands grabbing her's. It was nice, too nice. "I want to go to the Statue of Liberty."

"Oh," Darnell said. It was a cool choice, but he expected something more extravagant. Maybe somewhere on the Upper East Side? Central Park, even? "That's cool."

"You hate it," Stacey concluded. She sighed, "As crazy as it sounds, I've never been to the Statue of Liberty. When I used to travel here, my parents would always do the most expensive things. This just feels..."