8. moments

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Mornings were different at Stacey's penthouse.

Now, she had to make breakfast for two. Her and Darnell would talk and play video games on the PS4 he brought over. Partying wasn't much of their thing anymore since Darnell got into that fight, but they would go to bars and show their fake IDs and drink together. The most difficult change was Darnell walking around the penthouse in just a towel after his shower.

Stacey was taken aback by it. She liked it, but she was trying to live with a guy with no tensions between them. However, as the days went by it was getting harder and harder.

It was now the end of June and Stacey was halfway through her NYU classes. Today, she was visiting the Fashion Institute of Technology. It was the school she'd be attending after NYU to make her certified in the fashion business world. Hayden accompanied her just to make sure this was the right fit for her. He believed in her and wanted to make sure she was getting the most out of her education.

"Remember to make it seem like you have other options," Hayden reminded her in the elevator. "Make them want you. You're a high prospect in the fashion industry already and most schools are eyeing you to come to their school."

"But this is the school I want," Stacey stated. "There's no going back from that."

Hayden watched as the elevator numbers slowly went up each floor. "You know, there are really good fashion schools in California. I can make a couple of calls–"

"I'm not making my decision based off of Jordan," Stacey snapped at him. She then realized her tone was a little too harsh and sighed. "I'm sorry, but you should know that we're done. I've dreamt of him flying across the country and coming to my pent house door, apologizing for everything he's done and asking me to take him back. But, that hasn't happened and it's been over a month. I'm moving on."

Hayden nodded, not saying another word on the elevator. Once the doors opened, they were brought to a desk where they checked in for an appointment with the Dean.

"She'll be with you in a moment."

Hayden and Stacey waited a couple of minutes before they were ushered into the Dean's office. Pictures of models on the runway lined the walls and mannequins with designs of famous designers who attended here were put against two walls. Stacey pictured herself on these walls one day. She looked at the plaque on the desk just so she wouldn't mess up the name: Mary Davis.

"Stacey Adams, what a pleasure to meet you!" Dean Davis leaned forward in her chair and shook both of their hands.

Stacey smiled and sat down across from her. She fixated her dress and smoothed it out. It was one of her own and she wanted to make it presentable as possible. "It's so nice to meet you too, Dean Davis. What you've done with this school is amazing."