36. setbacks

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

"So, this is going to be a big surprise to you guys, but Spencer and I are together. Like a couple."

Simone and Jane stared at Olivia while Stacey started laughing.

"Spencer texted me last night," informed Stacey.

Olivia nodded. "Of course he did." She looked at the other girls. "Is this supposed to be your surprised faces?"

Simone shook her head. "No it's my 'it's about damn time' face."

Jane nodded. "We've been waiting forever for this."

Stacey noticed how tensed Olivia was. "You shouldn't be stressed out this early."

Olivia sighed. "I'm not stressed about Spencer and I. I don't know, I just don't want to hurt Layla or Asher."

It seemed like forever ago since Olivia and Asher got together; their up and down relationship starting when Olivia slept with him at a party (while Layla and Asher were still together). The formation of their relationship was already messy, so when they got together it was all smooth sailing for a while, until summer hit and everything changed. Stacey knew it was for the best when they broke up and glad they weren't on bad terms anymore.

"That ship sailed in Vegas," said Stacey. "Everyone's moving on."

"Nobody's going to be shocked," assured Simone.

Jane nodded. "First day of Junior year, you two had instant chemistry."

Olivia blushed. "Thanks guys."

Stacey gathered her things. "Well, I have to go meet Ash and my dad for brunch. I'll see you guys later, okay?"

"You seem very excited for it," chuckled Jane.

Stacey rolled her eyes. "Very."

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stacey moved her fruit around with her fork as her dad and Asher talked up the state championship game in two days. She loved talking about football, but whenever she was with her dad it was always about Asher. He never said, 'Hey sweetie! So proud that you grew a business at just sixteen years old. Keep up that great work!'. Her mom's fiancé, Jacob, congratulates her more on her business than her own father.

"Stacey, do you think Asher's ready for the big game?" her dad asked, once he noticed she was zoning out.

Stacey stabbed her fruit a little too forcefully and looked up at her dad. "Ash has literally been playing the best football of his life. He reads the routes perfectly and never lets a man get past him. He's also played with Spencer before; he'll be ready."