30. favors

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

The sun beat down on Stacey's skin as she sat on the grass during her PE class. She was too mentally exhausted to do her laps today. The gym teacher wasn't even paying attention to the students, so she knew she wouldn't have to make them up.

As she ran her hand through the turf field, three shadows loomed over her before sitting down. Jane, Layla, and Simone all formed a circle with Stacey on the ground.

"You okay?" asked Simone. She could from Stacey's expression that she wasn't herself.

Stacey rubbed her temple. "I'm decent, but Liv isn't. You know the bodycam footage that got leaked of Tamika?" Everyone nodded. "Olivia was the one who leaked it."

All three girls eyes widened.

"No way."

"You're serious?"

"Laura's gotta be pissed."

"Oh, she is," emphasized Stacey. "Laura and Billy. I was up in Jordan's room and could still hear them arguing."

"What I would've done to be a fly on that wall," joked Layla.

"How long did it go for?" asked Jane.

Stacey sighed. "Well...I left at eleven and they were still going at it."

All girls shook their heads in disbelief. Besides Olivia's relapse confession, this was one of the Baker family's biggest fights.

"Um, how's Liv?" asked Layla.

Stacey looked across at Layla, surprised. "You still haven't called her at all?"

Layla shook her head. "I don't think she needs a phone call from me."

"Liv did some messed up stuff to me...but I found a way to reach some sort of forgiveness with her. She wasn't in the right state of mind. Plus, it feels good not hating someone who's been such an important person in my life. If I can find it in my heart to forgive her for sending pics to a gossip website, you can too."

"I don't know..." Layla trailed off.

"She has no one right now. Laura isn't forgiving her for a bit," said Stacey. She looks around at everyone. "She needs us. She needs her friends."

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stacey continued to tap her pen on her notebook as she stared across the table at Jordan. The Boulevard was somewhat busy on a weekday, mostly filled with Beverly High students getting their homework done or playing pool.

Her Chemistry homework was halfway done before she noticed the quietness of her boyfriend across from her. His eyes never left his laptop and notebook. He barely spoke five words to her in the last hour. She wanted to think he was just concentrating, but the continuous scowl on his face said otherwise.