22. anonymous

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Heartbreak takes time to heal, but as each day goes on, you feel yourself getting better and better. The light at the end of the tunnel seems brighter as the days pass. That's how Stacey felt after the week of Darnell leaving. She wished he was here, but since there was no ill will between them, she didn't have anything holding her back from moving on.

Her and Darnell still texted at times, but with the different time zones, it was hard to keep in touch. She felt herself slowly drifting away from thinking about him all the time. She was too busy with senior year and she was planning for Hayden coming down this week. He was doing an amazing job running the business as she wanted to focus on school this year.

It was Monday morning now, Beverly High celebrating a fresh victory from Friday night. However, Jordan received a concussion so they did have somewhat of a loss that night.

"Happy eighteen month sobriety!"

Olivia jumped once she closed her locker and Stacey was right there with a box of desert. She made sure to go by Olivia's favorite bakery before school and pick her up a cinnamon roll.

Olivia took the box. "You didn't have to do this. It's just eighteen months."

"Eighteen months of being strong," said Stacey. "I can't begin to tell you how proud I am. Maybe we can all celebrate with dinner-"

"Stacey," interrupted Olivia. "Seriously, no big celebration. This cinnamon roll will suffice. Thank you, but I have to get to class."

Olivia patted Stacey on the shoulder and walked around the corner. Stacey went to follow and try and convince Olivia to come to dinner, but she stopped just as her head peeked around the corner. Olivia threw the bakery box in the trash can.

Why would she do that? thought Stacey.

After the problem with people forgetting Olivia's one year sobriety anniversary, Stacey and the others made sure to celebrate each month. Olivia always accepted the little gifts that her friends and family would give her. This...This was different. Stacey felt a pit in her stomach. A thought flashed through her mind, but she didn't want to believe it.

But it could be true.

Changes in behavior. Being very bland and straight forward with answers. Uncertainty in her voice when asked questions about summer. There had to be something more than just her seeing Asher with Vanessa in Mexico.

The fact that Olivia wasn't sober any more haunted her. She couldn't let her best friend go down that path again. What was she supposed to do though? Confront Olivia? Tell Laura and Billy? Tell Jordan? Asher? Or just leave it be? Maybe she was just overreacting to all of this. But last time she blew it off as nothing, Olivia almost died.