31. messages

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stacey thanked the waiter as he set down her breakfast in front of her. She picked at her strawberries a bit, cringing at the forced conversation between her mom and Asher. Things have been distant between them ever since Jacob - their mom's fiance - had proposed. Asher didn't like having a new parental figure in his life. Stacey knew it would be difficult to accept Jacob as some sort of fatherly person to her, but he was nice so it was fine being around him.

"Thank you for asking me to breakfast," Gwen smiled. "I'm so happy I get to see you two twice today. Jacob's excited to see you both tonight. His restaurant is amazing."

Stacey mentally rolled her eyes as her mom checked herself in her compact. Her mom always had the need to look perfect, even at a simple brunch meet up in a cafe full of high schoolers.

"Actually, I was thinking this could be 'dinner'," said Asher. "I need to get in some reps on the field tonight."

Liar, thought Stacey. Now, all the attention would be on her tonight and she really didn't want that.

Gwen didn't seem to believe her son.

Asher caught on. "What?"

"It's funny. Everytime I try to make plans with you two and Jacob, you...always seem to have other things going on."

Gwen ignored Asher and turned to her daughter. "Do you have some made-up plans or are you coming to Jacob's restaurant tonight?"

Stacey gave Asher an apologetic look before turning back to her mom. "Yep, I'll be there. Can I invite Jordan?"

Gwen nodded. "Sounds like a good idea. Jacob would love to meet him."

"Hey, Asher."

Stacey zoned out the awkward exchange between Vanessa and Asher. She didn't care for the girl, not having many conversations with him. Vanessa made a move for JJ when she first came to Beverly High, which Stacey automatically hated. Everyone in the school was obviously aware that JJ was Jane's man.

"You two are so weird," commented Stacey after Vanessa left.

Asher rolled his eyes. "We've been through a lot, but we're just friends right now."

Stacey scoffed. "Don't talk about 'going through a lot' with me in a relationship."

Asher formed a faint smile. "Oh yeah, you'd beat me every time."

"But," Gwen reached across and squeezed Stacey's hand. "She's in a great relationship with a great guy. Third time's the charm."

Stacey nodded, hoping her situation with Jordan would clear up after inviting him tonight.

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stacey rummaged through her closet as she tried to search for an outfit for tonight. Spencer and Asher both texted her about Grace's graduation party at Jacob's Bistro. She was surprised Asher had even asked Jacob, but it was good they were somewhat getting along.