14. birthday party

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

"Well, the first big event of the night happened."

Stacey looks up and sees Spencer and Layla kissing outside. Although they haven't spoken much since Vegas, she knew they were going to get back together.

"Was Spencer even invited?" Stacey whispers to Jane. "You know, after that article."

Spencer and Layla walk in together and the atmosphere shifts a bit. Spencer breaks off from Layla and goes up to Jordan and JJ at the pool table. The Beverly boys don't acknowledge him at first.

"I guess not," says Jane.

An article had come out earlier about Spencer being back at South Crenshaw. It was a sweet piece of writing, as he was back there for his dad and to bring home a state championship for the team, but there was a part that made Spencer's Beverly friends do a double take. According to what was written in the article, Spencer stated, "Beverly is in my past". Stacey knew some journalists could twist words, but she'd be lying if she said it stung her heart a bit reading those words.

Some more boys came in, from Westlake High School as said on their shirts. Stacey recognized the two of them from the pajama themed party they had earlier this year with all the schools. She knew one of them went to South Crenshaw; he must have transferred. In the back of her mind, Stacey wondered if Darnell would come. The chances of that were slim, though.

"Here's your food," the worker hands them four baskets of chicken and fries.

"Thank you," Stacey says.

Her and Jane grab all the baskets and head over to the table where Olivia and Layla were sitting at. They both thanked the girls as they set the food down.

"So, you and Spencer," Olivia started off.

Layla blushed. "Yeah. It, um – It kind of happened in Vegas, but I wasn't really sure until tonight."

"First Jordan and Stacey and now you two? My god," Jane commented.

Olivia's eyes widened as she turned to Stacey. "You guys getting back together for the hundredth time?"

Stacey tried to hide her smile. "No. We were both drunk and the events of New York were still fresh so we were naturally drawn to do it again. One last time."

Layla scoffed. "Try three more last times." Stacey glared at her. "Sorry that your room was next to mine."

Stacey's cheeks reddened and she stuff her face with a couple of fries. She looked back at Jordan who was playing pool with the guys. His eyes glanced up to her and as he kept their eye contact, he shot the ball and got one in. He gave her a wink. Stacey turned back around flustered.