26. relapse

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stacey and Jane glanced back and forth in the hallway, wondering which route to take. If they went left, they would run into Layla and right would be Olivia. They quietly discussed their options at Stacey's locker.

"I feel like Layla's the safer option," explained Jane. "We kind of all don't like Olivia right now, right?"

Stacey nods. "True, but the goodness of my heart is feeling bad for making Liv feel completely alone. Remember last time that happened?"

Jane bit her lip. "You're right. God, why is it always us stuck in the middle?"

"Because we're soulmates," winked Stacey.

"Ugh, maybe we should go by Liv," finalized Jane. "Her and Spencer did get into a little crash last night so maybe we can walk by her just to see if she's okay."

Stacey had heard about it from Jordan and she spread the word to Asher. It wasn't anything serious, but it still worried her for a bit. She texted Spencer about it, making sure everything was alright. She hadn't spoken much to him since the revelations of Vegas and hurting Layla, but it was nice to have a decent conversation with him again.

"What are we secretly discussing here?"

Stacey almost jumped at Simone coming from behind her and leaning her head into their conversation.

"Damn Stacey, didn't know you got scared so easily," chuckled Simone.

Stacey swatted at her arm. "Oh hush."

"We were contemplating whether to go walk by Layla or Olivia. We decided with Liv," answered Jane.

Stacey motioned them to follow her. Doing a quick glance at Olivia, Stacey concluded she seemed okay.

"I wonder why she was with Spencer last night," wondered Simone. "After everything with Vegas..."

"You think they're together?" asked Jane.

Simone shrugged. "I wouldn't be surprised."

Stacey's face lit up when Jordan was waiting against the lockers. He looked up when he heard their voices. He motioned Stacey over.

"I'll meet you guys in class," Stacey told them, rushing off to him.

"Just remember to zip your fly up this time!" Jane called out as her and Simone laughed all the way down the hallway.

"That was one time!" yelled Jordan. He chuckled and took Stacey's hand to bring her out to the courtyard.

"What's up?" she asked.

Jordan seemed a bit nervous as he played with her fingers. "I - um, I was wondering if you wanted to come to the family dinner tonight."

Stacey's eyes widened. "Oh, I mean I would, but won't Liv be there?"