4. launch party

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

The office was located in Soho, quite close to where Stacey was living. It was a beautiful space. Hayden was able to get a whole floor for designing and work space. Multiple stores were scattered throughout the city and those would be opening up the next morning.

Stacey was dressed in a silk blue dress that hugged her figure tightly. Paparazzi and news outlets bombarded her with questions as she walked out from the limo. She was recognizing the popularity of her brand, but all the cameras flashing in her face were getting a bit annoying.

She was careful when hanging out with Darnell as she didn't want anyone (more specifically Jordan) to know he was here with her. Even though nothing was happening, her friends would get the wrong idea.

"Are there any plans to expand internationally?" A reporter asked as she followed Stacey up the steps.

A couple of security guards blocked the path of reporters, but Stacey still turned around to answer the question. "If the New York stores do well, our next stop will be Europe!"

Stacey gave one last wave to the paparazzi before making her way inside. She spotted Darnell waiting by the elevator. He looked up when she saw her turn the corner and smiled.

"It feels weird going through the back," Darnell chuckled as he gave her a quick hug.

Stacey sighed. She pressed the up button and they stepped inside the elevator. "I know, I wish you could come with me, but if it got out you were here–"

"I know, Jordan would find out," Darnell snapped. He wanted to slap himself when he let his jealousy take over for that split second. Stacey was obviously taken aback by his reaction. He reached out to put a hand on her shoulder, but decided against it. "I didn't mean it like that."

Stacey waved him off. "It's fine."

Each passing day was another day for her heart to heal from her breakup. Jordan still hasn't tried to contact her and it's making moving on slightly easier. He's still in her dreams. It's the same one every night. They're in their spot at the Hollywood sign, gazing up at the stars on Jordan's old red Mustang. They have chocolate covered strawberries lying between them, most already gone. His arms are wrapped around her and it's peaceful between them. It's true love.

Stacey knows Jordan can change. He had a rough first half of the year and she doesn't think he ever fully recovered from it as he was met with another situation right after. She didn't want to make excuses for him, but there were moments where he was the one. Stacey had her faults too and that is why she wanted the summer for herself. Both of them needed to grow up and figure out if they were going to work in the future. She wondered if they would get back together when she returned to Beverly Hills.

Then, her alarm goes off and she's sucked back into reality.

As much as she would love to think about her dream and Jordan, the elevator opens and flashing lights of all different kinds of colors light up the room. Servers walk around with drinks and the DJ blasts music throughout. To the right is the kitchen where horderves are being passed out and a bar where drinks are being sold. Of course, the luminous red Infatuation sign is bold in the middle of the room.

A server stopped in front of them, offering champagne, but Hayden was quick to shoo him off. "There's press here, so no drinking tonight. Got it?"

"You're acting like your my boss," Stacey rolled her eyes, but knew Hayden was right. She was seventeen and couldn't be drinking in front of the cameras. At the clubs, it was secure, but select entertainment outlets were allowed in to cover the event.

Hayden shrugged. "No, but I am older than you."

Stacey playfully shoved aside as she walked away. Darnell followed along, trying to see if Stacey was still annoyed by their little conversation in the elevator. "I think he likes you."

Stacey stopped walking and turned back towards him. She remembered their moment at the first launch party, but it was all settled when he told her he had gotten over his little crush. "And you care because?"

Darnell knew he stepped over the line and wished he could sew his mouth shut already. "I-I'm just trying to make conversation."

"Well, you're terrible at it," Stacey continued to move farther into the crowd, away from Darnell.

People she didn't recognize congratulated her. She saw some of the employees who would be working here and made sure to give them a big hug. They wanted to work for her and they genuinely seemed excited about it.

From her pocket that she had sewn in her dress, she pulled out her ringing phone. She looked at the caller ID, it was a random number. Going out to the patio that looked over Soho, she answered.

"Hello?"

There was no answer, but she heard breathing on the other line. Stacey wanted to hang up, but something kept her on. She held her phone closer to her ear, the party behind her drowning out. She didn't know if she'd regret saying this, she might even embarrass herself, but deep down something told her it was right.

"Jordan?"

His breath hitched on the line. Stacey knew she was right. She didn't know how, but her heart was telling her that it was him. He still didn't answer. She could tell he was trying to find words to say, but nothing came out. Stacey sighed, getting fed up with this silent game.

"Listen, if you called me to mess with me–"

"No, god no," Jordan interrupted her. His voice was the same, but there was pain behind it. Stacey blinked her tears away, trying not to ruin her makeup. "I-I just wanted to say congratulations on your New York stores. You deserve this. You deserve everything."

Stacey was surprised that this is why he called, but she knew he wouldn't be calling her to win her back just like that. "Thank you. It means a lot." She paused, her brain urging her to say what was on her mind. "Is there anything else you want to say?"

There was almost too much to say. Stacey noticed he didn't answer right away. She wanted him to say everything at once. Would she be able to handle it?

"No," Jordan finally said. "That was it. I lo – bye Stacey."

He hung up before she could point out his slip up. Stacey kept her phone on her ear, hoping his voice would reappear, but she only heard the sounds of the city beneath her.

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

although i have everything planned out in this story, is there anything you guys would like to see happen?? maybe i could try to incorporate some things in here that i already haven't thought of

hope you enjoyed this chapter!! i miss jordan😔

-brooke