9. another chance

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

"Jordan?"

No matter how many times she blinked, Jordan Baker wouldn't disappear like this was all some sort of dream. She hadn't seen him in a month (the longest she's gone without him) and you would think after all this time, she would know what to say to him. No words came out of her mouth.

"I know, this is weird," Jordan spoke up. He could tell she was shocked and didn't blame her that she was just staring at him. "I - I don't even know why how this happened. I was just curiously looking at flights to JFK and next thing I knew I was packing a bag and flying my dumbass over here. I don't even know why I'm here-" Jordan stopped himself, sighing. "No, that's a lie. I'm here for you."

Stacey gripped the door as it took everything in her not to slam it in his face. "Jordan we left things pretty badly. I don't know if this is a good idea."

"It probably isn't," Jordan agreed. "I just want one day with you. The two of us together in the city. If it goes horribly, I'll fly back to LA immediately. But if it goes good, I'll stay here with you the whole summer. I'll have Olivia pack some more clothes and bring it up here and she can visit. Of course you have the final say in all of this."

Stacey wanted to say no. A whole day with just Jordan felt like a chore with the fighting that was bound to happen. She also couldn't ignore the fact that Darnell was in the other room, listening to all of this happening. She stepped out into the hallway and closed the door behind her. "As much as I want to send you back to Beverly Hills, I would be lying if I said I didn't want this day with you."

Jordan smiled. "So that's a yes?"

Stacey rolled her eyes. "Pick me up at eleven. You plan everything, okay?"

"Okay. Well um, I'll see you tomorrow," Jordan went for a hug, but Stacey placed her hand out. Jordan awkwardly shook it, not used to this platonic interaction with her.

Stacey waited until he was in the elevator before going back inside. Darnell was already leaning against the kitchen counter, dressed in his pajamas. He had an amused look on his face. "So the Jordan Baker flew all the way here to win you back. Damn, bad timing."

Stacey blushed as her mind and body still hadn't recovered from their kiss. "I just need to sleep on this. I agreed to hang out with him tomorrow."

She went to go to her room, but Darnell grabbed onto her arm. "I know you two have a lot of history, but I do really like you and I want to see where this goes."

Stacey releases her arm from his grip. "I want to tell you that I feel the same way, but my head is all over the place right now and I'd rather have this conversation with a clear mindset."

Darnell nodded. "That's understandable."

She continued to walk to her room and closed the door behind her. Sliding down against the door and onto the floor, she rubbed her face to try and make sense of all of this. It should be simple: Jordan and her broke up and now she had the chance for something new with Darnell. However, her mind wasn't letting her make that decision so easily. It kept reminding her that Jordan probably changed and that's why he was here. That's why this was happening.

Stacey needed Jane right now. No matter how tough things got, she always had the right things to say. She would call her, but it wasn't the same. She wanted her here and they would put on a funny TV show while drowning themselves in ice cream and talking about their boy problems. Jane was probably having the time of her life with JJ right now; that was a couple anyone could root for.

"I think it's a bubble bath kind of night," Stacey mumbled to herself. She went to her bathroom and started the bath up. She squeezed some soap in and poured herself a big bottle of wine.

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

very short chapter because that's all i have time for with college. but i think this part of the story is coming to an end soon. then we have to wait for season 3 :/

vote & comment!!

-brooke