19. friday night lights

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stacey felt the tension in the air as she walked into the cafe. Spencer, Asher, and JJ were playing pool while the girls (Layla, Olivia, Jane, and Simone) were sitting at a table. She was surprised to see Vanessa there as well.

Olivia ran up to her. "Oh, thank god. It's too awkward here. Layla's making most of the conversation."

"You didn't say Spencer would be here," whispered Darnell as he glanced over at his teammate.

Stacey remembered their earlier conversation. She turned to Olivia, "Yeah, there's a lot of people here."

Olivia smiled. "Surprise?"

Stacey rolled her eyes, but assured Olivia that it was alright. Darnell took a deep breath and walked over to the boys.

Stacey felt Simone's eyes on her as she sat down. She tried not to look at her, but her constant stare was bothering her.

Vanessa got up from the table then, heading over to where the guys were. She went straight to Asher.

Olivia sighed beside Stacey. "Liv, I'll go over there and talk to Ash."

"No no no," rushed Olivia. "It's fine. Everything's fine."

"That's what they all say," mumbled Jane.

"I wouldn't mind making Asher pay for messing up a good thing and breaking your heart," said Layla. "Seriously Liv, why in the hell haven't you told him that you know about summer? It's going to blow up in everyones faces."

"I have my reasons," said Olivia as she got up from her seat. "I'm going to get a drink. Anyone want anything?"

"Water."

"Water."

"Water."

"Water, as well please."

Stacey hadn't heard Simone's voice in a while. She got up from her chair as well, heading towards the bathroom. She was trying not to be rude to her, but her memories were clouded with what she did to Jordan.

"Stacey."

Why is this happening to me? Stacey thought as she turned around and saw Simone standing in the bathroom as well.

"I don't really want to talk right now," she stated, trying to sound friendly. It didn't work out.

Simone sighed. "I know you hate me and for what I did to Jordan. If it makes you feel better, he hasn't fully forgiven me either."