2. voicemails

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stepping out of the limo, Darnell held the door open for Stacey as she got out of the car. She smoothed out her dress and slung her bag over her shoulder. Tipping the driver, she motioned for Darnell to follow her.

Cutting the line, she headed straight for the security guard. "Stacey Adams and this is my plus one."

The bouncer checked the list and nodded his head, unclasping the rope to let them through.

"Since when did you get so popular?" Darnell asked, amazed by how quick they were able to get in.

Stacey glanced back at him over her shoulder. "Lets just say my clothing brand is doing very well."

The music blared through the speakers and strobe and neon lights were flashing throughout the building. People were dancing and drinking already all around. Instead of going to the dance floor first, Stacey led Darnell to the VIP section reserved just for them tonight.

"Stacey!" Hayden smiled, going up to her and giving her a hug. His eyes went over to Darnell. "I believe we haven't met. Hayden Combs."

"Darnell Hayes," He shook Hayden's hand. "Thank you so much for allowing me to come."

"A friend of Stacey's is a friend of ours," Hayden exclaimed. He ordered another round of drinks for everyone as he went back to talking to some friends of his.

Stacey took a couch that wasn't occupied and Darnell say next to her. He felt uneasy when the drinks were set down in front of them. "Don't they know we're underage?"

"They don't care," Stacey shrugged, going for one of the glasses.

Darnell grabbed her arm, making Stacey glare at him. "Don't kill Jane, but she told me that you limited yourself to one drink and I'm not going to let you fall back into old habits under my watch."

Stacey eyed him carefully, a small smirk forming on her lips. "Didn't expect you to care." Darnell blushed, but she patted his shoulder. "Thank you for keeping an eye out on me. This is the first time I'm away from everyone in Beverly Hills and it's just..."

"Refreshing," Darnell finished for her. Stacey nodded. "I love Crenshaw, but with the whole magnet school situation and my team not caring as much, it got pretty hard the last few weeks. It felt like everyone was against me."

Stacey laughed lightly, knowing exactly what he was feeling. "When I was trying to start up my business last year, everyone was against me. It was all because of my dad and his bankruptcy and no one trusted that I could start something on my own." She then motioned around her. "Now, look where I am."