27. homecoming

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stacey redid her lipstick one more time before placing it in her bag. Her dress was a hot red that reached mid-thigh. The v-neck was the best part about it; well, in Jordan's opinion. Stacey heard the knock on the door and knew it was time to go.

Homecoming was something she wasn't looking forward to. Yes, it was her senior year and last time going, but she couldn't help but remember what happened this time last year. Clayton telling Jordan about her secret and the altercation they almost had stuck with her. She has grown stronger both mentally and emotionally from that day, but god she'd be lying if she said his abusiveness hasn't completely left her mind. She also lost Jordan that day for a bit. It was as if she was ripped in half that night after he told her he wanted nothing to do with her and stormed out.

"Stacey!"

She was taken back to reality once Jane and Layla opened her door.

"You okay?" asked Layla.

Her and Jane went up to Stacey, each linking an arm with her.

Stacey swallowed her dark memories and nodded. "Yep. Just nervous, that's all."

"Well, the boys look great and they're waiting for us," said Jane, pulling her along.

The dates for homecoming were a bit more complicated this year. Jane and JJ were clearly going together. Layla and Asher decided to go as friends; both going through recent breakups. In the end, they would always be there for each other, even if they did date last year and it ended messy. Jordan and Stacey had vaguely mentioned going together, but they wanted to stick by their rule of waiting until after the homecoming football game to be official.

That didn't stop Jordan from making a big deal out of asking Stacey to homecoming.

He had Stacey come to the football field after school a couple of days ago. He had a football in his hands and some of his teammates stood on the side. Jordan threw the ball to Stacey and she caught it. The ball read:

Tackle Hoco with me?

She mentally cringed at the cheesy proposal, but she couldn't help how giddy she felt in that moment. She nodded a quick yes and the football team cheered loudly for them. Jordan came over and gave her the biggest hug.

"I would kiss you right now, but I remember our rule," he whispered in her ear.

She wanted to break the rules then and there, but knew it would be worth it after the game.

Now, she was walking down the hallway with her best friends at her side. She heard the boys chatting away by the front door. Deja vu from Vegas hit her as she made eye contact with Jordan. Layla and Jane went to the others.

"My god," Jordan whispered as he came up to her. He placed his hands on her waist. "I can't believe you're going to be all mine in a day."

Stacey blushed. She fixed his tie so it was centered. "I can't wait to brag to everyone at school how you're mine."